Any High Quality Mags for 45acp Carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by 8thSPSUSAF, Sep 10, 2014.

1. 8thSPSUSAF

8thSPSUSAF Member

NW In
    Anyone make a high quality HC mag for the 45acp Carbine? Why does HP not do this? Even 10 rnd instead of 8? I know it would stick out of the HP pistol, but what about us Carbine owner?

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Long answer is no. But if you want a low quality higher capacity mag, try your luck with a Promag.

3. oarlock

oarlock Member

Or convert it to use 1911 mags

10 characters

4. 8thSPSUSAF

8thSPSUSAF Member

NW In
    HC mags 45acp

Thank you I would NEVER buy any but one PM, their AR 15 9mm works great.
    How would you convert 1911 mags?

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Promag is not Pmag (Magpul) --------> TOTALLY different company and NOT very good at all.

6. 8thSPSUSAF

8thSPSUSAF Member

NW In
    mags

PM = Pro Mags

Not P Mags

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

First I may be misinterpreting your post.

"Thank you I would NEVER buy any but one PM, their AR 15 9mm works great."

I know that Magpul (Pmag) make 9mm AR 15 mags, not sure about PROMAG. What does "I would NEVER buy any but one PM" mean? Were you trying to say "I would never buy anyone but PM? OR were you trying to say "I would never buy more than 1 PM"? Your sentence really makes no sense and very subject to reader interpretation.

So let me get this straight, you are the only human being on the planet that is a diehard supporter of PROMAG? :confused:

Do you work for them?

8. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I have 2 pro mags for a Bersa, brother has one for a Ruger. FWIW we have not had any issues with them. I understand three is a very insignificant number, but my personal experience has been favorable.

9. 8thSPSUSAF

8thSPSUSAF Member

NW In
    Mags

Only Pro Mag that ever worked for me or any shooting buddies is their Poly 9mm AR 15 mag,

10. RobbK

RobbK Member

the only use I have found for pro mags is as a target after it fails to work. Now I have only owned two of them they were both just so I do not bother spending hard earned money on crap.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

FWIW, I also have a Promag AK mag that works. But, the vase consensus is that MANY of their products are utter and complete crap. They might have a few mags that work, but I am quite sure it must have been by complete accident that those "rare few actually work". :D

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have 3 15rd ProMags that I reported worked flawlessly in my 4095.

Now my JHP45 can take a 14rd ProMag? I will get one for schnitz and giggles.

I have 2 of their 32rd 9mm Glock mags. They wouldn't strip the top round off a full mag. They would jam until you got 6 rounds out of them. I went to Wolff Springs and ordered replacement 5 or 10% stronger (I forget which) and now they work flawlessly.

Get one in the 45 and try it! Don't listen to the waggle tongues that may or may have not tried the latest version.

13. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Maybe you should actually read the thread before calling names :rolleyes:

"try your luck with a Promag"

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ProMag = Mixed Bag

I have about 4 to 6 of the M&P9 mags, all are flawless.

Thanks Panoz, for the AK mag tip, I will try that because the AK mags from ProMag are like $5 less a piece, at LGS #2 right now :D

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Honestly, I would go with a number of AK mags from anyone else first. Just because mine works does not mean they all work (I really try to do business with companies who have great customer service and a reputation for quality, Promag fits neither of those categories). Tapco AK mags are under $10. As a matter of fact, these Croatian AK mags with BHO are AWESOME. New production, no cosmo to clean only a light oil and they are only $10.95 each. Extremenly well built.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47CRO30

But if you have to have made in the US, I would go with the Tapco over Promag.

http://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...products_id=12012&referrer=cnwr_4191340829622 $7.28 each

Or Magpul - $11.00 each
    http://combatarmssupply.com/products/4-pack-pmag-30-ak-akm-moe-7-62x39-magazines

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    wow
    I can pick these up locally, (Tapco, PMag, ProMag)
    but the Tapco and PMags run almost $15!

I almost have enough for the one AK that I intend to run,
    so I guess I will stay away from the ProMags

ThanX Capt. PanoZ!

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Many time you can pick up a free shipping code too. No reason to pay double and tax on top of that. Online is the only way to go these days.