Any HP carbine hunters out there?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vvllbs, May 25, 2014.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I really like my JCP 40 and I'm tempted to pick up a carbine. But I am well stocked on brush guns and would prefer to save some money for a longer range rifle. What's the best carbine cal for hogs and deer? How would a 40 S&W carbine compare with an M1 30 cal carbine?

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

How does an apple compare to an orange? First, check that you legally can use a handgun caliber for hunting in your area. Then, its decent enough, but its not designed as a hunting gun. So, sure it will work with a well placed shot, but, you'll ALWAYS be better off with a gun designed for hunting.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Sooo, What was the M1 30cal carbine designed to hunt?

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

People.......

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

no, but im saying its also not exactly comparable to a HP carbine either. and neither are hunting rifles.

6. killshot45

killshot45 Member

Well how longs a piece of string........haha...i use my 4595ts for hogs here in fl. and its done great for the last three years so i guess that's how long a piece of string is .....

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The M1 Carbine was designed as a compact, lightweight, defensive, accurate, Military weapon with an effective range of 300 yards. The Hi Point Carbine was designed as a self defense rifle or a range or camp or truck rifle. Can't compare the two firearms, completely different concepts.