Any Keltec PF-9 owners?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by s0b3, Jan 6, 2008.

1. s0b3

s0b3 Member

2. Dude, you crashed it--won't open for me.

3. s0b3

s0b3 Member

try now, updated the link.

4. Just more proof that this is the best board on the net. Oh and whats with that Wilson guy putting those little quotes or whatever you call them at the end of every post????

5. It works now, I read the thread.

Looks like the KTOG I know and love with all its weirdness and love for the product. I really like both my KelTecs. The .380 has been flawless from day one. The PF-9 had the walking pin problem and went back; I think they sent me a new pistol with the old serial number. I can't be sure because I only had it for 4 days before I sent it back. In NV we have to qualify with a pistol to put it on our carry permit. Mine failed during my qualification. The ejector pin began to block the hammer so it wouldn't fall, misfire time. I barely passed the test, sent the pistol back, and fired it a bunch upon return before I'd carry it. It's now the pistol I carry most often--by far.

NDS--who's going to emulate Wilson and try to say something pithy in the 3rd person at the end of every post.

6. s0b3

s0b3 Member

you'd think i called their newborn ugly and kicked their dog and slashed their tires.

just gut checking if i was being a jerk over there.

7. No, you weren't. Those guys are helpful and they want to promote what they see as the best value in a gun product available. They can focus so narrowly on what they say to each other they can forget there's a whole world out there. You didn't say or do anything offensive, you just asked legitimate questions that messed with their perception of the world.

Relax, it's just another forum. Here-have a cookie! :wink:

8. Troller98

Troller98 Member

I love my P-11 and am a member over at KTOG, but that is why I "hang out" here and just troll over there.

9. rjmorel

rjmorel Member

I've had a new one for about 2 weeks and have had no problems with it so far and use it as my ccw. Rob

10. s0b3

s0b3 Member

did you get one of the latest models with all the fixes? i think i'll wait for a gen 2 release that fixes all the known issues. i think they released it too early seeing all the issues that come up with them. their forum is full of weapon failures and problems.

11. I have one and yes, I had to send it back for the "walking pin" issue. They returned it in 15 days and changed almost everything.

It has been flawless since it came back. My P3AT had also to go back for repairs and since it came back, it has also been flawless.

These pistols have their place as ultra concealable with what some folks will consider the minimum defense caliber...hmmm... I guess that after all, I am beginning to believe that there is no such thing as an all purpose gun!...go figure!

12. rjmorel

rjmorel Member

[/quote]
    did you get one of the latest models with all the fixes? i think i'll wait for a gen 2 release that fixes all the known issues. i think they released it too early seeing all the issues that come up with them. their forum is full of weapon failures and problems.[/quote]

Serial #R3Y60. Mine has the new barrel design and newer frame that has the fix for the ejector pin walk over and jamming the hammer and newer trigger bar that keeps the spring from popping out. They have been out since around 8-06 I think ,so a year and a half latter I think they have the bugs worked out and have a very usable and reliable handgun now. Rob

13. vallen

vallen Member

I really like(d) my KelTecs too, but they aren't without flaws. I still have the PF9 as my backup- I'm confident in it, it's just not my fave shooter.
    long pull, shoots like a b!tchslap, and isn't a dead-eye, but it goes bang for $250 and fits in my glovebox.