Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mainly play Bass with a bunch of other instruments on the side, and just wanted to see if there are any other gun-loving musicians out there! (gear info/pics always welcome)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

Ampeg BA112 amp...

I normally just jam with a buddy whose into classic rock and old country.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
If it's not completely obvious I mainly play drums.. Played entirely too many shows with out making nearly enough money to support a family.

I also Play bass, and guitar... but not nearly as well as I play drums.. Been playing drums for 14 yrs now. Opened for lots of national acts, and 1 international.. Had 1 band want to take us on tour, but my guitar player wasn't committed. I have literally played about all styles of music including Christian, Jazz, Country, Rock, Metal, Punk, Adult Contemporary, And Classic Rock.

Edit

Well.. My pictures aren't working... so I will try later..

What I play is

Drums: 4 Piece Pearl
Cymbals: Sabian
Sticks: Vater
Double Pedal: Gibralter Rock Series
Heads: Aquarian

·
514 Posts
(Irish) Folk musician here.
Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, 5-string Banjo (don't ask why), and penny whistle!

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I play a Jackson hardtail running though a Fender, my neighbors love my long version of "Sweet Leaf" hehe, but arthritis makes it rare now. I decided shooting was a better way of expressing myself.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
Ok.. got the correct image locations... While some of the brands in the pictures and the setup is different.. Its the basic Idea..

The gear was kinda beaten down during these photos.. ( we were doing ALOT of shows... practicing where we could, I think there is a random garage in the photos that we practiced in)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i play the drums, and just enough guitar and bass to fool people that dont, LOL

tama rockstar 5 piece
pdp 900 series hardware/dw 9000 series hardware
paiste alpha cymbals
pearl double eliminator double kick pedal

esp ltd les paul body style
dean vendetta, ibanez acoustic

i play in a functioning band "Broken Roots"

hard rock/metal

we play around reno nv about 3-4 times a month...i think were going to try to do some regional touring this winter while were all laid off.

heres a link to a vid from our show last week

and our myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=125177603

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I play a little bass (havent in years) just enough drums to keep a beat and mainly guitar. (have messed around on a piano but want to really learn soon.)

I have an acoustic, an electric acoustic and a strat. (a little crate amp as well.) Was just playing some "sad but true" by metallica and the "yellow ledbetter" solo by pearl jam. lol Dont get the same effect without other band members though. ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I play a little bass (havent in years) just enough drums to keep a beat and mainly guitar. (have messed around on a piano but want to really learn soon.)

I have an acoustic, an electric acoustic and a strat. (a little crate amp as well.) Was just playing some "sad but true" by metallica and the "yellow ledbetter" solo by pearl jam. lol Dont get the same effect without other band members though. ;)
take a road trip out to nv, we can jam LOL. i have a whole band setup in my spare garage.....LOL

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

take a road trip out to nv, we can jam LOL. i have a whole band setup in my spare garage.....LOL
lol that would be awesome man. Youd put me to shame, but hey maybe you could show me some pointers. :D

Matter of fact I was heading out to vegas later this year, but not anymore. Dern it. Would have love to have got wasted at one of your bands shows and jamed with you :D 8)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All very cool stuff, and all of you get extra respect in my book! I mainly play a Warwick Buzzard (the John Entwislte one). Along with that I have a Grestch Catalina drum set, and am In the process of building a fanned-fret Telecaster...

I play a lot of Funk/Gospel, a bit more jazz lately, and also a lot of Hardcore/Rock stuff. Kinda two sides of the spectrum lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've been drumming for about 10 years now. I have played just about everything. Right now though I've been leaning more towards blues and r&b stuff, but there aren't very many musicians in Columbus that are on the same page so I am without a band right now. I'm also a tuba player and was a music education major for the first year of my college career.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
All very cool stuff, and all of you get extra respect in my book! I mainly play a Warwick Buzzard (the John Entwislte one). Along with that I have a Grestch Catalina drum set, and am In the process of building a fanned-fret Telecaster...

I play a lot of Funk/Gospel, a bit more jazz lately, and also a lot of Hardcore/Rock stuff. Kinda two sides of the spectrum lol
im the same way, i play in a hardrock/metal band....but ive played in everything from instrumental blues bands, to acoustic americana/folk rock bands.....playing one thing all the time gets boring, LOL

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.