any problems with different bullet types?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by RedBird94, May 16, 2015.

1. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

All I reload is 45acp. Been loading just 230gr round nose lead or FMJ. I can buy 200 gr semi wad cutters a lot cheaper. They won't feed in my Kahr carry pistol but any problems with the 4594 and SWC rounds?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

You won't know unless you try. What works or doesn't work for me has zero relevance for YOUR gun. Your Kahr may hate something, mine might love it. You can get a million people to say "x ammo is great" and it might suck in YOUR gun, or a million who say "x ammo sucks," and your gun might eat it like candy.
    All opinions are 1000% irrelevant to YOUR gun. Only way to know what will or will not work is to actually try it yourself.

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

I think talon wants you to load a few and try them... bacon

4. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

mmmm, could be. was hoping for a personal experience before I spend money on something that won't feed in either gun

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah, but if you do it, then he doesn't have to.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Again, untrue. Because again, how it works in anyone else's gun doesn't mean it will work the same in his.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

How will you know? Look at the ten gazillion Tulammo posts. Works great for some. Doesn't work well for others. Which one is right? Both. Which one is right for you? You'd know as soon as you try.

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Come on. You know you have the same level of curiosity that we all do. I've never heard of those bullets even being used in an HP, so reading about someone else's experiment would be interesting.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Of course it would. But its still no guarantee it'll help. Say I try them and thet work awesome, so he goes out and buys them and his gun FTFs with them. Now I'm a liar and he still wasted his money. Sadly, ammo opinions don't really prove anything to anyone but the user who tried it.

Nothing really more I can add here. Your gun differs than mine, it differs from the very next one off the production line of the same make and model. You'll never know what works well in it if u don't try.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Dude. All this arguing with no point. We get it, each gun has its own individual ammo quirks.

RedBird, I have no experience with the 4595 but my 4095 eats anything I feed it. HP, RNFP, SWC, store bought, my own hand rolls, all of it. My best advice would be that if you don't get any real and usable advice here, it couldn't hurt to try a test batch either store bought or hand rolled.

12. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    You should be able to get a box of 20 .45acp wad cutters for around $12-$13. Then if they don't work you won't have a lot invested in them. And, at the sake of being redundant, it's probably the only way you are going to get an answer your question.

13. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

I can't believe the production tolerances vary that much from 1 4595 to another. From brand to brand sure. But with the same model, doubtful. Since no one in volunteering any info, I'll buy a handful, load them, try it, and I'll make it my next article. Thanks anyway
    :p

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yeah, what do we know. We've only answered the same "how does > insert brand of ammo here < work in my gun?" a couple thousand times.

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Knock it off Nancy.

16. rickm

rickm Member

when I owned the HP45 pistol all i ran thru it was the 200 gr SWC's with no problems but i have yet to run any thru my 4595 so couldnt say for sure but if you will send me you mailing addy i will send some to you to load and try out before you buy any.

These are the ones i have: http://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=57&category=5&secondary=13&keywords=

Bought them a few years back before i started casting my own.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Cool, should be interesting.:)

As to the variances...they are there. Everything ever made has tolerances, and plus or minus a few thousandths is not a big deal, until they catch a rim, or get in the way of an extractor. The problem often isn't the tolerance, but where it is located. Bores are sometimes a few thousandths off of center in the barrel...but if that is toward the top of the barrel once installed in the gun, you'll get huge differences from one with the opposite placement, once things start heating and cycling.

You can deal with those, but only by hand, taking time to measure and adjust, which is why custom shop guns are very expensive.;)

Glad you're willing to give it a try.:)

18. You can always sell the SWCs if they don't work for you, load up a few and try. I saw some companies that offer sample packs of their projectiles just for this reason.

19. midias

midias Member

NY
    My 4595 feeds SWC no problem

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Another benefit to that is you can see WHY it does not work, if it does not.
    It may be a relatively simple fix. I even saw one dedicated amateur on youtube
    who got a 1911 to reliably hand-cycle empty cases!!! :eek: Takes work, but
    it can be done. I was under the impression that an SWC bullet was roughly shaped
    like the common 40 S&W bullets?:confused: