Any Public Range near Branson MO

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Blue, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Blue

Blue Member

IL
    I'm going to visit Branson, MO and was thinking it would be a good time to visit a public shooting range.

Not being a local its hard to know what exists. I prefer outdoors, and am planning to try out my shotgun and couple pistols.

2. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I love Branson......been going there since I was just calf.

4. Back2School

Back2School Member

This one is a little far away (about an hour) but its one of MOs public ranges. $3 per hour for pretty much everything. No Annual fee.

If they are like the one I go to, they are a little draconian with safety rules, but it does make for a very safe environment. Its outdoors and goes to 100 yards.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/southwest/andy-dalton-shooting-range

5. Grant

Grant Member

The Andy Dalton range is great, but a bit far. sounds of Freedom is in Ozark and is a wonderful indoor range. I live in Springfield.

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

I dont often say good things about MO :) but I like the government ranges!

7. Blue

Blue Member

IL

This sounds like the TN public range I visited when in the Smokey Mtns. It was $5/hr.
    Coming from IL its such a treat to visit gun friendly states, where the public can enjoy shooting.

8. Blue

Blue Member

IL
    I phoned them, they are mainly shotgun, with limited other range. The pistol shooting is $20/hr. Shotgun is based on the type of shooting trap/skeet etc and not by the hour.
    It sounded busy and might need reservations.

9. Grant

Grant Member

Yeah they are high. Travel 10 more miles and go to Sounds of Freedom. $12 an hour.

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I live in IL and go to a great gun range. Haven't found anyone there that wasn't enjoying shooting, unless they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle.

11. Blue

Blue Member

IL
    ha ha ha, good one.
    Course I was thinking about how other States provide a low cost, quality place to shoot vs my end of IL, where until recently gun shops were banned, and I don't see IL providing shooting ranges for public (no membership) to use.
    Sure if one lives close to a private gun range with say $200-$300/yr membership that one can work down with volunteer credit time, it could turn out ok, but it has to be pretty close or the mileage kills it all.

12. GoesBang

I've shot at 3 different Missouri Dept of Conservation gun ranges. None of them charged any fee, nor had any range safety officers of any sort present.

I do know that their ranges closer to the BIG cities do have both.

I am equidistant to 3 public ranges now, and have access to a couple of private ones too.

13. Bull

The one just SE of Indep. Charges, and has range nazis!

14. GoesBang

Achtung mein herr

15. Bull

Dang near..... "Jew vill fihr only von schot evry vive zeconds... Or jew vill haf jor priflidges REVOKED!!!!"