Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to visit Branson, MO and was thinking it would be a good time to visit a public shooting range.

Not being a local its hard to know what exists. I prefer outdoors, and am planning to try out my shotgun and couple pistols.

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
I love Branson......been going there since I was just calf.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This one is a little far away (about an hour) but its one of MOs public ranges. $3 per hour for pretty much everything. No Annual fee.

If they are like the one I go to, they are a little draconian with safety rules, but it does make for a very safe environment. Its outdoors and goes to 100 yards.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/southwest/andy-dalton-shooting-range

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I dont often say good things about MO :) but I like the government ranges!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one is a little far away (about an hour) but its one of MOs public ranges. $3 per hour for pretty much everything. No Annual fee.

If they are like the one I go to, they are a little draconian with safety rules, but it does make for a very safe environment. Its outdoors and goes to 100 yards.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/southwest/andy-dalton-shooting-range
This sounds like the TN public range I visited when in the Smokey Mtns. It was $5/hr.
Coming from IL its such a treat to visit gun friendly states, where the public can enjoy shooting.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I phoned them, they are mainly shotgun, with limited other range. The pistol shooting is $20/hr. Shotgun is based on the type of shooting trap/skeet etc and not by the hour.
It sounded busy and might need reservations.
Yeah they are high. Travel 10 more miles and go to Sounds of Freedom. $12 an hour.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Coming from IL its such a treat to visit gun friendly states, where the public can enjoy shooting.
I live in IL and go to a great gun range. Haven't found anyone there that wasn't enjoying shooting, unless they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in IL and go to a great gun range. Haven't found anyone there that wasn't enjoying shooting, unless they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle.
ha ha ha, good one.
Course I was thinking about how other States provide a low cost, quality place to shoot vs my end of IL, where until recently gun shops were banned, and I don't see IL providing shooting ranges for public (no membership) to use.
Sure if one lives close to a private gun range with say $200-$300/yr membership that one can work down with volunteer credit time, it could turn out ok, but it has to be pretty close or the mileage kills it all.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I've shot at 3 different Missouri Dept of Conservation gun ranges. None of them charged any fee, nor had any range safety officers of any sort present.

I do know that their ranges closer to the BIG cities do have both.

I am equidistant to 3 public ranges now, and have access to a couple of private ones too.

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
I've shot at 3 different Missouri Dept of Conservation gun ranges. None of them charged any fee, nor had any range safety officers of any sort present.

I do know that their ranges closer to the BIG cities do have both.

I am equidistant to 3 public ranges now, and have access to a couple of private ones too.
The one just SE of Indep. Charges, and has range nazis!

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
Achtung mein herr
Dang near..... "Jew vill fihr only von schot evry vive zeconds... Or jew vill haf jor priflidges REVOKED!!!!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.