Any video gamers?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by masfonos, Apr 12, 2008.

1. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    I was looking at Craig's List yesterday to trade off some of my games and wasn't having much luck so I started poking around on the net for other places to trade and found this one.

You get a lot better deals than returning them to EB Games or Gamestop or some place like that because you can trade pretty much even up for other games since it goes on a point scale rather than using cash.

Anyone else ever try it or heard of it? If you're into games it's definitely worth checking out. If you do, please use the link below as it will give us both 100 points (basically a free game) and a trade credit when you complete a trade.

Goozex

2. I've bought/sold through estarland.com before and found success. In a way, it's easier for you don't have to go anywhere. They'll even help out with shipping your items to them. I've also bought used from them and everything has been jewel. Just got a used PSP Slim from them and it's mint and problem-free...

3. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    Never heard of those guys before. For buying stuff their prices seem pretty much comparable with the Game Stop and EB Games type places and buying stuff seems to be their main thing.

I plugged in a couple of my games that I'm trading off over on Goozex and it offered me ~$4.00 for them while the games were selling for ~$20 or so, so it'd be pretty much the same kind of deal as at those stores. On Goozex I'm basically getting the full $20 price of the game in that I trade the game for the point value of the game, then use those points to buy other games that I would rather have.

Game Stop and EB and the like are about as bad of a ripoff for trades/buy-backs as college bookstores are with textbooks. I've gone in a quarter after I bought a $150 book and had them offer me less than $5 for it when used copies are sitting right there on the shelf for $100+.

4. Fox

Fox Member

Gooznex Sucks.. They change there point systems all the time and you don't send it out and get the game you want.. you have to wait until someone wants the game you have them they may contact you, but there are probably 1000's of others ahead of you and well.. let;s just say I signed up and put up a few 360 and ps3 games fairly new releases and nothing.. you'd be better off putting them up on Ebay..

5. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    I've sent out several old PS 1, DS and Xbox games that I don't play any more and have about 4 or 5 games for PS2 and DS on the way. It seems like your 360 games would go a lot faster than my older games.

But yes, it's a game trading website...there has to be someone who wants your game for you to get rid of it and someone has to have the game you want available for you to get it. I think that's how pretty much any market works. It's not a store with stacks of games on hand, its a site to trade your games to other individuals.