Any video gamers?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kiln, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Kiln

Kiln Member

Kind of random but not so long ago I posted a Borderlands comment and several guys knew what I was talking about. This got me wondering how many of you guys actually enjoy gaming like I do. So anybody playing anything good? No worries, if there's no interest I'll be content to let this thread go slowly/quietly unto the night.

Anyways I'm playing Metro: Last Light at the moment and despite several runs through it, I still love the survival mechanics and the interesting weapons in the game.

Here's a random picture I took as a tribute:

[​IMG]

The AK is in the game as well as a similar knife and single shot pistol that fires shotgun shells. The Tristar is in the picture because of it's resemblance to the CZ75, which isn't in the game but fits the Russian theme.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. madchad

madchad o_O Member

I play video games. Finally did it all and got bored with Skyrim, 'bout to bust out one of the Marios.

One thing Skyrim brought to the surface in me is the hatred of loading times. What fool thought hours of load time over the course of a game would help the fun? Is that jackass related to the jerk that invented the alarm clock. I hate those guys. I hate them forever and ever and ever.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Ghosts.... I still enjoy em all.

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

My stepson is a game designer. He's worked on Skyrim and the Halo franchise and is headed to Seattle this week to start work on Halo 5. I try paying from time to time but i just don't have the finger skills needed to be effective at them damn controllers.

5. Right now it's GTA V but before that I played Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2 & 3, Drake's Deception and Bioshock.

I've thought about getting Metro, might have to look into it.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Red dead was fun.

7. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

That's one i really wanted to play but never got around to picking up.

8. I play all the Halo, Call of Duty, and some others on xbox one and xbox 360. I game when I have time but use to game from morning to night. I'm still a beast!

9. papataylor

papataylor Member

Brother and I played Halo for awhile, pretty good money can be made boosting kids accounts for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

10. johnnyBgood

johnnyBgood Member

Modern warfare, COD, Ghosts, several driving games. I don't play much but from to time it's nice to blow off some steam

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I used to play Stonekeep.....

I also remember playing the first release of Leisure Suit Larry and Zork. :p

[​IMG]

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Old School here,

DOOM

I like gaming too much, so I abstain. I could do it all day every day.
    I played other games too, but I can play Doom and leave it as needed.

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Duke Nukem was better than doom..... :p

14. Kiln

Kiln Member

Metro is an amazing series so far. Both games are very good and fairly realistic survival/fps games. I know post apocalypse has been done before but Metro did it right.

Loading times are a byproduct of technology's limits. When you have a massive game like Skyrim, load screens are inevitable because our level of tech can't support everything in the game world running all at once.

It has gotten waaaaaay better. If you play older open world games, they load 2-3 times as slowly as modern games. Eventually I'm sure we will have seamless videogames but right now with open worlds like Skyrim it just isn't possible.

15. slade601

slade601 Member

Love both metro games. Fallout 3 and fallout new vegas are also top of my list. I also recommend far cry 2 and 3 to anyone who hasnt played them. Those are the few games I can play over and over.

16. atomiccat2002

atomiccat2002 Member

Red orchestra 2 for the pc its a Realistic WW2 shooter that I love to play, and Its on sale right now on Steam!

Also play League of Legends

and I play Battlefield 4, Call of dooty and Occasionally minecraft on the xbox360

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

LOL! Played that too.
    It is not first person, tho...
    Good Game!

18. Kiln

Kiln Member

The original Duke Nukem was first person. You can also pick it up cheap on Xbox live for a few dollars. I've been playing games since I could hold a controller. Started out with dad's old Atari and an original NES system. Video games come in third in terms of enjoyment. The other two are family and firearms, in that order.

19. I started playing games on computers in 1976 when my dad bought a Commodore PET. Had to type the dang programs in by hand because tape cassettes were expensive and dad didn't want to by many. And I mean every time I wanted to play a new game, type them in. Was about a year before I was given my own tapes :)

I still play text games. Graphics don't "make me buy" like it seems is the only thing everyone else worries about anymore. I prefer FPS and isometric games (like Diablo) to 3rd Person like Mass Effect.

I really like the Halo universe, especially the books. I'll definitely be a 70 year old playing games :)

20. Kiln

Kiln Member

You should seriously give the Metro games a look. The graphics are pretty good but the real focus is on the gameplay mechanics and weapons. It is a really unique series.

I also enjoy Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I'm big on FPS/RPG hybrids and fps games with survival elements but I also play third person games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.