Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another thread that in order to get a hunting thread we needed to show a need for it. So i figured i would see ow many of you out there fish? (and hunt for that matter) I am a beginner in the whole fishing game but i am hooked like a new HP owner. Previous to this month i had only caught one fish in my life, now i am up to 5 and have only really gone fishing twice. I am here in IDAHO so i do mostly trout fishing for now but will get into Steelhead and others later.

Anyone have any Advice? Any Pics of your latest catch?

I will get some pics on here soon when i get them off my buddies camera.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I love fishing, I like making my own rod/reel combos... it makes me feel good when I catch a fish with a setup that I put together myself.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I have alot of pictures of fish I've caught, but I don't have them on the internet/photobucket yet. I'll see if the wife can scan some of them, especially of the 13 pound large mouth I caught when I lived in Georgia.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have some overgrown South American cichlids in a 55 gal aquarium in my living room......
I kinda lost the will to fish when I moved away from my Dad.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Heck ya, fishin is life. Biggest caught fresh, 67 lb cat out of Santee-Cooper. Like Salt fishing, but get sea sick.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I spend at least 3 days a month fishing somewhere on the Texas Gulf Coast. Redfish, Specs, and Flounder mostly.

Ron M.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LETS SEE SOME PICS!

·
Banned
1,409 Posts
You betcha. I don't get to go as much as I'd like. Same with Hunting. I would make them both a career if I could.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Fish? Yes. Catch? No. Love to go and keep trying though. It is about the only thing my wife and I do together. Was pretty good back in Louisiana but since moving to TN all I do is drown worms.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel that way too sometimes! The other day i had so many bites on my line and lost so many worms i told the fish and game guy to fine me for baiting! He just laughed and told me to keep trying!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
These are from a trip down to Rock Port, TX last July. A 30' Redfish and the days catch for my wife and I.

Ron M.

·
Registered
959 Posts
nothing like pulling in a flathead cat on a hot summer day....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I love fishing for cats. My buddy and are out every Friday night till 7:00 Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I don't fish. I just stand on the bank and call them in. they typically jump from the water and land at my feet, begging me to gut them and eat them.
My biggest fish, 35 lb flathead (white catfish for some of you I'm sure) caught out of the lower White R in SE AR, about 2 miles from the confluence of it and MS River. Tasty.
I got a 33 lb grouper on my last trip to the gulf.
Somewhere on this forum is a post by me about gar balls. That should tell you that I will eat dang near anything I'm able to catch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I fish quite a bit until the crappie quit biting real good then I usually pick up the golf clubs for the rest of the summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts