Those seem like some good recipes. Last time I had dove, I just breaded them in some Hooter's Wing breading (they sell it at my local grocery stores) and fried them. I tossed them in wing sauce then. Pretty delicious!I AM OFF FOR THE NEXT 6 DAYS DOVE HUNTING!!! In AZ you can only hunt from sun up until 1200. i will ge my limit of 10 in about 20-30 minutes!!! They are really a nuisence around here, eat your grass seed, nest in the roof, poop all over the place. kinda like an edible pidgeon! although banded pidgeons taste pretty good! My 2 favorite recipes:
Roadkills Jalepeno bacon dove breasts:
1. Soak dove breasts overnite in Italian salad dressing
2. drain, reserver liquid for basting, take breast and a sharp knife and make a 1" slit in the top of each side of the breast
3. 1 jar of pickled jalepeno slices, cut slice (the vertical ones,like a ring) in half and insert 1 half of the pepper into each slit you made in the breast
4. wrap that puppy in a piece of hicory smoked bacon (don't scrimp, buy the expensive stuff!) secure with toothpicks
5. grill for about 15-20 minutes turning frequently, baste with the marinade to keep from getting dry.
6. Open a Mexican beer and ENJOY!!!
Roadkill's Dove Pate:
1. place in a smoker or your grill with one side lit and a pan of water with apple wood chips in it
2. cook for about 2 hours
3. microwave until totally done
4. let cool, pick off the bone
5. combine the meat with:
1/4 cup onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cap of worcestershire sauce
1 tsp basil
1 tsp allspice
pepper of your choice, white or black
sour cream or mayo
blend all in a food processor until consistency is smooth and add cream cheese and mayo a little at a time for a binding agent. refridgerate
eat on a GOOD cracker (don't waste money on these also) and enjoy!!!
early season is just until noon, late season in November is sun up/sunset, +quail and just about anything else you can shoot and eat.Here in Wisco, it's sun up to sun down for doves and geese. The daily limit for doves is 15 and 5 for geese. It was a beautiful night out and I just sat in my blind waiting for the birds.
Oh, I thought those were the cheap steel Winchesters - that box and the shells look exactly the same.How is it that you hunt goose with low brass 2 3/4 lead bird shot? You hunt them in a field or what? If anywhere near water it's gotta be steel shot.