Anybody got THIS:

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade Forum' started by undeRGRound, Sep 21, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    [​IMG]

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/proddetail.php?prod=HPC024

Wondering how good the knife is... Kershaw is a good brand, is this worth $39? :confused:

It would be fun to show the guys at work, but I'd rather just buy the knife and
    not the whole C9 / Box / Kershaw Knife Combo deal :D I have enough 9mms :rofl:

2. histed

histed Supporting Member

Is there such a thing as enough 9mms? As for the knife, my brother has one (Kershaw, not the HP model). Never heard him bad-mouth it. Seems to lock tight enough, but I know NADA about the steel or the edge except what I read.

3. mej24

mej24 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1442876721.766984.jpg
    My son got me this one when he spent about 3 grand on a handful of tools from the local SnapOn truck. Cost a little more than $39 tough, I think it was around $55-60. Has a good edge out of the box. Had it for close to a year now and haven't had to sharpen it yet.

4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Don't feel bad. I doubt Mole knows anymore than you do about the steel. His nose is designed as a tunnel machine. :rofl:

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    I have enough "cheap 9mm handguns" ;) Let's just say that... :rofl:

Exact same knife, I'd say. Mom's website says it's $62 msrp, sounds about right!
    Snap-On definitely relies on "perceived value" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Mej! I'd think it's a good knife... :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  6. undeRGRound

INDY
    Where's that ignore button... :p

7. Grant

Grant Member

Kershaws are great knives. That's maybe just a little high but the engraving might be worth it.

8. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I buy cheap kershaw knives about half msrp on amazon. they are ok for a cheap knife they will take an edge but if you cut a lot of cardboard or other materials it dulls out very fast. I'm on my second one now after loosing the first and will buy another one as soon as i need one again. There seems to be 2 quality levels your 20-40 chinese lecel and your 80 plus american made models.

9. mej24

mej24 Member

Seen the prices on their tools?. When I said he got a "handful " of tools for 3 grand , it's only a slight exaggeration. .
    But full warranty, and at work delivery, along with perceived value cost. I've seen these blades with no engraving for about $25 online.

10. ace

ace Member

11. undeRGRound

INDY
  12. ace

ace Member

You are welcome my good sir. Let me know if its worth a crap. I was thinking bout getting one too.:)

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It looks a lot like the Chive or Scallion, they run about $30 most days, though sometimes you can get them down under $20.

Good solid knives, assuming this is the same knife.

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    The Hi Point and the Snap-on look identical, like it's the "generic for branding" version.
    Good chance it's the same one.

15. mej24

mej24 Member

I believe they are the same knife, different branding. I've seen several with different logos on them. Companies probably buy them in bulk, Kershaw does the custom color/logo, $15 dollar knife is now a $50 "limited edition"