anybody have a hi point in your survival supplies?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by dberry, Dec 5, 2007.

1. dberry

dberry Guest

Thinking about getting a .45 for my BOB. Anybody have a hi point in their SHTF gear?

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Sure do C9 [which is my carry piece anyways] and a 4095 also got my Savage 22 boltie

3. C9 is ready for grab & go, Charter Arms AR7 in bob.

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ditto here on the C9. The 995 will be added to it shortly when I finally get the funds for it (hopefully around the first of the year): Lightweight, durable and keeps the ammo on hand simple.

5. Yes, 995, for all the obvious reasons.

6. My C9 stays with the GHB (Get Home Bag) when its not being used at the range. I recently picked up a 995 in a trade and once I get some more trigger time and a few spare mags it will be my primary home defense long gun. So... my HiPoint's are definitely a part of my survival inventory/

7. oh yea.... 995 ... it ROCKS!!!

8. 1motion

1motion Guest

i call my JHP .45 my war gun..... its reliable, its accurate and in a SHTF sitiation it will be easy to take care of and keep clean without breaking it down all the time. im confident i can take it on extended field excursions and not have to worry about it.

9. We have a 995 and a 4095 for when the SHTF . They are good for where we are at , and a good bolt action for a little further.
    Spot

10. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

C9 for carry and custom gun case that mounts on the side of my ALICE for my 995

11. I have been known to put my C-9 in the truck with my "Get Home Gear" if I get the vibe to do so.... I have it in a nice tidy package that keeps 28 rounds with the gun (in a holster) and it is ready to grab n go... (see my C-9 review for pics of the set up)

I have thought about keeping the 995 with my "get home gear" (I do like the 995 to C-9 mag compatibility) but I have decided that something in the x39 flavor (SKS "M") is better for me.

My wife has shot the carbine enough to be comfortable using it as her SHTF gun should SHE decide it fits her needs at THAT place in time.

12. vallen

vallen Member

Ditto on the 995

13. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

C-9 is the beater that keeps being beat. And yes is read to grab and go.

the 4095 is the one on stand by if my XD9 ever needs a little helping.

14. gunzenhausen

gunzenhausen Guest

'A' Hi Point? We have three. We would like to have 4 but at the moment we can't find a 40 carbine. Our dealer tells us that hopefully they will be available in the spring again.

Hope they aren't like the mysterious .45...soon to be released....definite maybe...sometime in the near future.

15. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Yep. 4095 with spare mags and ammo rides in my truck along with my BHB and other gear.

Rather like MasterCard, I never leave home without it. :p

16. gunzenhausen,
    Don't give up on looking for your 4095 , try another dealer and check out gunshows . It took a few months before I got ours , and I'm glad I kept looking. I would like to find another 995 but $$ are tight now.
    Spot

17. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I hear that, and cant wait any longer. A C9 and 995 are next on my list for firearms to get.
    As far as in my GHB? I plan on the C9 at the very least.

18. My wife really likes the 995 with a Red Dot so that's what she would carry. Its light and easy to shoot.

19. gunzenhausen

gunzenhausen Guest

I had a red dot on my 995 for about three months and took it off. It is more accurate with it's original iron sights than with the red dot. Maybe we didn't have it snugged down enough, or it just wasn't a good enough quality scope, but the darned thing kept loosing its settings on me and drifting bullets all over the place. I was impressed on how much better I could do with the original sights.

Thanks for the encouragement about looking for a 40. I could get on a waiting list or two, and probably will, but in the mean time I will keep looking. So far all the gun shows we've been to are knee deep in 995s but no 40s. I could have picked one (a 995) up at a local pawn shop for 150 at the most but didn't. Bad me. Dumb me. Will do better next time. :oops: