Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found it at a pawn shop when I was looking around. Seems like a pretty cool little rifle. I know it's a military gun of some sort. Maybe a Mauser or something? Thought maybe some of you guys could identify it. Other than the serial number (6662) the only other marking on it was 7.62

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and the guy selling it said it was a .308, so I guess it's actually a 7.62x51. Also, sorry for the crappy pictures, I thought they'd turn out better than that. If need be I can go back over there in a little while with my digital camera.

The sight wasn't a hood either, it was more like a Garand sight or something. I'll make an attempt at ASCII arting it:
/ \
|_||_|

It looked something like that, where the || is the sight post.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I was going to say the same thing at SW. Its been sporterized and probably can't be easily restored to original.

I would say that 225 is on the high side as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The biggest reason for the longevity of the mauser action has always been it's integral strength. You can take an old military mauser action and rebarrel it to any number of calibres, many of which are much more powerful than the 7mm it was designed to fire, and it won't even hiccup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.