Anybody see the new Walther SP22?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Carpe_Jugulum, May 12, 2008.

1. Ok have any of you seen one of these in the wild:

http://www.walther-sp22.com/

I want one in the worst way, but I haven't been able to find one to look at. I wanna hold it and see if I like as much then but NOBODY has them.
    I've tried Cabelas, Gander, sportsmans etc. and nothing. Half of them look at me like I was an alien. But they are all over Gunbroker.

2. syst3merror

syst3merror Guest

Yikes! Man that makes the C9 look like a Ferrari! Looks too much like a staple gun to me. :)

3. DAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!! Thats one sexy looking gun right there.

4. RandyP

RandyP Member

I fiddled with one at my LGS a weekend or so ago. Very unusual action on that rascal. That black 'tab' on the front of the slide is the charging handle.

Grip felt tiny in my actually rather small/medium hand, and the mag release was a bit of an odd P.I.A. if I recall correctly.

To each their own I reckon, but I passed on buying one myself, didn't care for it at all.

5. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

i think it looks sharp, but not any better than just a p22, imo.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I held one, the grip is wider and longer than the P22, I liked the grip on the SP22 much better, however the mags do not interchange with the P22 or G22 :cry: , I do like the look and really like the charging handle set up but I hate the fact the mags differ from the G22.

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

that looks like a dressed up Neo... Did you see the match SP22??? Saweet!

8. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Haha! +1 :lol:

9. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Handled one at Sodak sports in aberdeen a while back. Just not my style. Too "blingy" looking for my tastes compared to a P22.

SW

10. it looks like p22, neos and glock just have a 3 way orgy.

11. I found that to be funny only because it is true. :lol: I'd still take one though. I love all guns, even the really odd or ugly ones.

12. Ari

Ari Guest

They have one at the local gun store... They are very light, and weird as everything is in the casing.

13. freedom

freedom Member

Yep, Saw one when I picked up my P22.

Strange looking bird to me. Not interested at all.

14. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Met with one of the designers of that, got his card at the SHOTshow.
    He has improvements he has designed (mag wise) but cannot show it)

I digress: all pics of that show, I took of "Cars"

15. condition1

condition1 Member

16. jsumpter99

jsumpter99 Guest

While it certinaly has a space look to it, reading the specs it looks pretty cool. It can be purchased with a 6" match barrel, two stage trigger, and adjustable trigger travel and weight. I dont care for the top rail, but I dont see a point in putting a scope on a pistol. It seems that most "target" pistols are adding a top rail though, so I wouldnt count that against them.