Anybody tried this, I ordered one

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by vvllbs, Aug 6, 2014.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I'm going to try this out, I've got a JCP 40 and have an extra pistol scope laying around. My HP is more accurate than my high dollar stuff ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1407332863.671269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. harcdaddy

harcdaddy Member

I'd hate to add even more weight.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I can't all of my HP's are to old to have a rail:(

4. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    I thought the HP rail would only accept HP mounts?

5. cktvt

cktvt Member

I get the advantage of an under-slung mount (no movement when the slide cycles) but boy, it sure looks clunky and awkward.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Sounds like a fun experiment.

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Those were discussed in another thread. Not sure if the OP ever got the mount or posted his results.

Definitely interested in hearing about it. Wouldn't mind trying one myself.

8. dl52163

dl52163 Member

Yes I have one. It is ok and YES IT DOES ADD WEIGHT. The biggest problem that I had was the light that came with my kit did not fit the system because the manufacture changed the mount slightly. I called the supplier and explained the problem and they went and got a set up and saw the problem. They set me a additional mount to add so that I would be able to use a light with the gun. A lot of weight on the front end. It works well. A simple solution would be for The mother ship to make the rail at the bottom so that it would fit with the rest of the worlds accessories. Maybe one day a simple solution to this will be fixed.

9. bws

bws Member

looks handy, gotta be a ***** to holster tho.

10. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

This one did not fit my HP, could someone steer me in the right direction to find one that will fit?

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    HP mount is different. Would have to be a custom job or modify slide for a red dot .

12. dl52163

dl52163 Member

Mine had the adapter that fit the rail. Look and make sure that it is included. If not give the supplier a call and they should be able to help you. The only problem that I had was stated earlier in this thread. As for fitting to my gun it went like clockwork.

13. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

Where did you order yours from, I can't wait to find out

14. A dot that high above the bore would drive me nuts. If I still had my c9 I think I would try to put one on the slide myself.

15. dl52163

dl52163 Member

I ordered mine through Amazon.com.

16. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I'm haven't sent it back yet, I'll check on amazon