Anybody use gunstocksinc?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by mrgreen, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I am pondering getting a stock for my 1917 Ithaca and his pictures are rough looking with no gallery. I am wonderiing if anybody has used them before and what they thought of the product be fore purchasing?

TIA

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

If im thinking of the same place, they offer"levels of finish" on most of thier stocks. From rough cut-you smooth and polish, all the way up to show quailty hand select grain and finishing.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Only one I've bought from was Richards microfit gunstocks.... Had good luck with a savage 110 stock I bought.... Sorry don't know anything bout gunstockinc....

4. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I will probabnly pul the trigger(no pun intended) and try one for the $53. I am able to MAYBE salvage mine now but it is tinder dry and dinged to all hell. I was going to do a basic parker color duracoating on the barrels and action and nothing fancy on the wood. I have a buddy who has a stock replicator and if i supply a chunk of wook he can rough out the shape but i have to pay him like $20 + the cost of the wood, not much savings or possibly more so torn on what to do:confused:

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

You'll waste more than $53 on something useless, may as,well give it a shot even if you need to do some finishing work on it.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Would a wooden stock on a HP carbine look cool or what??!! ;)

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

That would all depend on the wooden stock chosen.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. papataylor

papataylor Member

There's wood furniture ARs... Why not wood furniture HP's?

I dig the wood-ebr look.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

NO!

Then I think about where does the mag go on a wood stock HP? In a wooden griP?????? :confused:

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yes, inside a wood grip, which still needs to mate to the reciever, exactly as it does in its current plastic grip. What its outer shell is made from didn't change how the rest of it functions.