Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if anybody hunted with their Carbine. Small game, big game, any game.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
The HiPoint website used to have a photo section where you could upload your hunting pics.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats good. I don't have carbine, but thought a ,40 or ,45 would be good for anything up to and including deer.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,078 Posts
for deer 243 and up, if you want to be able to find every deer you shoot. get real
Jesus I knew you would post that shit again. Maybe you should get real and learn to shoot.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,078 Posts
G

·
The 10mm 1095TS can take any game in North America. :fight: (I jest)
It actually can
Careful now, treading on thin ice. I once mused that late model Hi-Points should be able to handle +P+ ammo, in theory.

Got called a dangerous-advice-dispensing dumbass and smacked the F down by the powers that be ... my poor 'ol cheeks still sting! :oops:

Yet you're saying 10mm out of a Hi-Point carbine can keep a freezer well stocked with Grizzly? Might wanna get some balm for them cheeks, for they're about to get real sore real soon.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Careful now, treading on thin ice. I once mused that late model Hi-Points should be able to handle +P+ ammo, in theory.

Got called a dangerous-advice-dispensing dumbass and smacked the F down by the powers that be ... my poor 'ol cheeks still sting! :oops:

Yet you're saying 10mm out of a Hi-Point carbine can keep a freezer well stocked with Grizzly? Might wanna get some balm for them cheeks, for they're about to get real sore real soon.
I carry a G20 loaded with 180gr Sig V-Crown when I'm out hunting, camping, or hiking.

G

·
I carry a G20 loaded with 180gr Sig V-Crown when I'm out hunting, camping, or hiking.
You forgot to state whether you advise readers to load their G20 pistols with the 10mm Auto, or the .40 S&W version of 180gr Sig V-Crown ammo. Gotta think safety.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Your right, I do need to learn to shoot. Was 20 points away from my distinguished rifle badge and stopped. Time, effort, probably shooting ability, whatever the reason I couldn't shoot well enough. I think its time I use my 9mm carbine this fall for deer hunting.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,078 Posts

I carry a 10mm in the field no issue. 45 acp is known to drop bears in Alaska. Is it as good as a 50 BMG no but shoot placement actually matters

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,078 Posts
Your right, I do need to learn to shoot. Was 20 points away from my distinguished rifle badge and stopped. Time, effort, probably shooting ability, whatever the reason I couldn't shoot well enough. I think its time I use my 9mm carbine this fall for deer hunting.
If you shoot the deer right the 9mm will work just fine. You know it you just don't want to admit it.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I use a 270 to hunt deer with because i take reckless shots. If i didn't shoot far away running animals and still used my 270 it would be ethical hunting. The difference with using these pistol cartridges is that it is never ethical hunting. But hey I'm going to continue being reckless with the shots I take so I'm no better than any of you using your hipoints to hunt deer with.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts