Anybody used their Hi Point carbine to hunt with?

Discussion in 'The Lead Chuck'N Zone' started by Quavodus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

I just wondered if anybody hunted with their Carbine. Small game, big game, any game.

splatterin succotash likes this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The HiPoint website used to have a photo section where you could upload your hunting pics.

3. Jemfic

Jemfic Member

I have successfully hunted coyote with my 4095. But I think my success had more to do with the prep work I put in than the weapon used.

4. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Thats good. I don't have carbine, but thought a ,40 or ,45 would be good for anything up to and including deer.

5. There's a few members here who have used the carbines on deer and so forth? I know others have used them as close range varmint guns.. and hog guns..

Merle likes this.
  6. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

for deer 243 and up, if you want to be able to find every deer you shoot. get real

7. The 10mm 1095TS can take any game in North America. :fight: (I jest)

Quavodus and CamoDeafie like this.
  8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Jesus I knew you would post that shit again. Maybe you should get real and learn to shoot.

Merle, Jemfic and RandyB like this.
  9. moona11

It actually can

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

No, no, no. That's .270 guy.

moona11 likes this.
  11. Careful now, treading on thin ice. I once mused that late model Hi-Points should be able to handle +P+ ammo, in theory.

Got called a dangerous-advice-dispensing dumbass and smacked the F down by the powers that be ... my poor 'ol cheeks still sting! :oops:

Yet you're saying 10mm out of a Hi-Point carbine can keep a freezer well stocked with Grizzly? Might wanna get some balm for them cheeks, for they're about to get real sore real soon.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  12. He didnt say it was efficient ;) just it could do the job, may have to be within spitting distance but...

Merle likes this.
  13. Rachgier

I carry a G20 loaded with 180gr Sig V-Crown when I'm out hunting, camping, or hiking.

Rerun and moona11 like this.
  14. You forgot to state whether you advise readers to load their G20 pistols with the 10mm Auto, or the .40 S&W version of 180gr Sig V-Crown ammo. Gotta think safety.

15. shepherd321

Your right, I do need to learn to shoot. Was 20 points away from my distinguished rifle badge and stopped. Time, effort, probably shooting ability, whatever the reason I couldn't shoot well enough. I think its time I use my 9mm carbine this fall for deer hunting.

moona11 likes this.
  16. Rachgier

I shoot my own reloads... in a glock...

moona11 likes this.
  17. moona11

I carry a 10mm in the field no issue. 45 acp is known to drop bears in Alaska. Is it as good as a 50 BMG no but shoot placement actually matters

Rerun likes this.
  18. moona11

If you shoot the deer right the 9mm will work just fine. You know it you just don't want to admit it.

19. shepherd321

I use a 270 to hunt deer with because i take reckless shots. If i didn't shoot far away running animals and still used my 270 it would be ethical hunting. The difference with using these pistol cartridges is that it is never ethical hunting. But hey I'm going to continue being reckless with the shots I take so I'm no better than any of you using your hipoints to hunt deer with.