Anybody want to petition Hi-Point for a revolver?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Nu-Point, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

Worth a shot right? How many of you would sign a petition? If there's enough support I'll write one up

2. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Not sure how well it'll work out

Revolvers need a lot more hand work than a pistol to run right. Look at all the problems that are reported on the RIA revolvers. And trained people are expensive and the margins just wouldn't be there for it to be a viable product.

I'd rather them do a modern variant of the WWII Volkssturmgewehr.
    [​IMG]

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Don't think it would fit the Hi Point modus operandi, which is to provide an affordable dependable firearm. A revolver, I think, would require more fit and polish and the price, by necessity would have to increase. Plus the requirement for new raw materials.

On the other hand, in a sense there are Hi Point revolvers already on the market. Chiappa is distributed by MKS, and while not manufactured by Hi Point, I have often seen them referred to as Hi Point revolvers.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

There's a HiPoint wish list thread floating around somewhere with hundreds of posts.

Also some more realistic suggestions.
    HP makes a niche gun, always has always will.
    Trying to enter a flooded market section with a new design is a recipe for disaster.

So unless it's an adaptation of a current design such as a 10 mm or .380 carbine I don't see it happening.

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Too many low priced revolvers out there, charter arms, taurus, old SNS's, etc. Investment not worth the return.

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Now a $225 10mm pistol or a $300 10mm carbine I would buy......;)

7. SWO1

SWO1 Member

Where are you seeing Problems with RIA revolvers ? Granted RIAs claim to fame is their 1911 platform. On the RIA forums NEVER seen a reported problem with their only two wheel guns. Both .38s in 4" and 2". I shoot both platforms and shoot with a group of RIA owners, autos and revolvers. Have never seen or heard of any malfunctions other than what is seen with ANY OTHER brand, and again never with the revolvers. Of course there are those who have trouble operating a Rock, the mineral one and not the Gun...... LOL

8. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Hi Point would have to re-tool, which is very expensive, to produce a new product for a market already saturated by other revolver makers.

9. Why? There are already affordable revolvers on the market. Many companies get in trouble by stretching too thin. Some companies prosper by employing KISS.

10. You obviously have not talked to the friend of a friend who heard from a cousin, that heard from a girl friend, whose brother knew a guy down the street who had problems with the RIA.

11. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

One of my friends bought six of them for his family and timing on the cylinders was so bad that he took all six to the gun store and put them on consignment to take a loss on them. I looked at them there. Nothing that I'd buy.

Glad that you're enjoying luck with yours. My advice is to always buy one from a dealer so that you can inspect it first.

12. no sorry................

13. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

RIA generally makes good serviceable revolvers. There is the occasional one that overthrows the lock on rapid fire. If I were in the market I would purchase.

14. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

Isn't Charter Arms like the Hi point of revolvers?

15. Charter Arms are not made from zamak or polymer. Though they do have some aluminum alloy frames. Heritage arms revolvers have zamak frames.

Also CA are a tad pricier than HP.

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hi-Point has a very simple yet effective business model. Keeping parts cost down. Which is why the CF-380 and the C-9 are the same gun with different barrels. As is the JCP & JHP and the 4095 & 4595. Also about 90% of all internal parts are exactly the same across all their firearms. So anything new they would add to the line up will follow this same business model. So as others have said, a 10mm or 380 carbine is feasible. A .22, revolver, shotgun, etc. is just silly wishful thinking.

Although I still want a combo crossbow/12ga.

17. RobbK

RobbK Member

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

How about a $250 5.56 carbine that uses AR mags?

19. enough zamack for 5.56 would probably weigh 10 lbs.

ID take a 22mag though :p

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

The bolt could be steel, as is the chamber and barrel. But again...why bother with a Zamak lower or upper, when aluminum is already common, and it requires millions of dollars of investment to set up and make them? Not to mention..forged versus injection molding, wear points for pins, and other issues a soft metal would have...who would buy that?

They could do what 80% of all AR makers do...buy the aluminum lowers from someone else.
    In which case, the price would be the same as everyone else.:rolleyes: