Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stand here before you testifying..... I really don't watch, nor give a tinker's damn about soccer. But....when World Cup happens, I watch the snot out or it. It amazes me that so many people, from so many countries are absolutely batshit crazy about...soccer. Who knew that little pissant countries field teams that can be so good. And....really bad. Anyway.. are you in or out?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
Yeah, anything that happens every 4 years I watch. US team isn't horrible for once either!!!

• Haha
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
All I know about world cups is:
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

• Haha

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
Nope.
I have a theory about soccer.

At 2 years old, kids can kick a ball. At 3-4 they can kick it TO someone. By 5-6, they have an idea about teams and cooperation, and teams start forming.
By 8, they get serious....and then something happens.

The good athletes realize the game is stupid.🤣

Most real athletes discover other sports that are more challenging and let you use your hands, and over the next few years, all the best athletes move to a sport that isn't 45 minutes of running around to touch the ball 16 times, mixed with silly rules like stepping past a guy to make him ineligible to play the ball.
Sure, the guys that stay with soccer develop amazing skill, and a heck of an ability to run. In fact a LOT of college cross country coaches cruise the soccer fields looking for runners. But that's like getting REALLY good at hitting the X button while pressing left bumper and down, or keeping a paddle ball going for hours. It impresses some folks, it's really nifty...but the rest of us don't care.

Seriously...any game in which a tie is an acceptable ending is a joke. Yeah, I know they have penalty shot shootouts sometimes...and that's another example of what's wrong with soccer. Team sport my shiney red hiney. 11 guys play for 90 minutes, unless the ref decides to let you play more...another stupid thing about soccer:rolleyes:...and then 5 of you just sit down and let the other 6 guys sort it all out. And it is usually only sorted by the goalie that is simply lucky enough to jump the right way and block a kick.

Pitiful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope.

At 2 years old, kids can kick a ball. At 3-4 they can kick it TO someone. By 5-6, they have an idea about teams and cooperation, and teams start forming.

Most real athletes discover other sports that are more challenging and let you use your hands, and over the next few years, all the best athletes move to a sport that isn't 45 minutes of running around to touch the ball 16 times, mixed with silly rules like stepping past a guy to make him ineligible to play the ball.
Sure, the guys that stay with soccer develop amazing skill, and a heck of an ability to run. In fact a LOT of college cross country coaches cruise the soccer fields looking for runners. But that's like getting REALLY good at hitting the X button while pressing left bumper and down, or keeping a paddle ball going for hours. It impresses some folks, it's really nifty...but the rest of us don't care.

Seriously...any game in which a tie is an acceptable ending is a joke. Yeah, I know they have penalty shot shootouts sometimes...and that's another example of what's wrong with soccer. Team sport my shiney red hiney. 11 guys play for 90 minutes, unless the ref decides to let you play more...another stupid thing about soccer:rolleyes:...and then 5 of you just sit down and let the other 6 guys sort it all out. And it is usually only sorted by the goalie that is simply lucky enough to jump the right way and block a kick.

Pitiful.
So...um...I'll put you down as a maybe

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
It's medically impossible for me to watch and enjoy soccer. I'm circumcised.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
Nope.

Pitiful.
I'm 78% in total agreement, but I don't care enough to see if the other 22% agree or not 😹😹 GREAT CALL, AL jolley!Jolley!!
It's medically impossible for me to watch and enjoy soccer. I'm circumcised.
I guess they used the guillotine when you got circumcision, but I don't care to know the answer my friend 😹😹😹🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
865 Posts
Anyway.. are you in or out?
Out. It's soccer. I know others enjoy it but its about as watchable as a bumper rusting on a '58 Studebaker. Nothing against '58 Studebakers, of course.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
Out. It's soccer. I know others enjoy it but its about as watchable as a bumper rusting on a '58 Studebaker. Nothing against '58 Studebakers, of course.
You Nailed It!!

Tell me when it's over, and the Ghana BLACK STARS are World (soccer) Champs 🎯🎯🎯😹😹

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
I guess they used the guillotine when you got circumcision, but I don't care to know the answer my friend 😹😹😹🤣🤣🤣
A small penis insult. I would expect nothing less from you. Or more for that matter.

• Haha

·
Resident PITA
16,404 Posts
Nope.
Well OK. There's all that. Sure. But you gotta admit. It's kinda effed up how a sport that started with drunken soldiers kicking around the severed heads of their fallen enemies has become beloved by most of the planet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well OK. There's all that. Sure. But you gotta admit. It's kinda effed up how a sport that started with drunken soldiers kicking around the severed heads of their fallen enemies has become beloved by most of the planet.
Okeydokey..so I started a post about World Cup Soccer. Hey, anybody care about it? The posts have been all over the place. It's been kind of fun to see. Little boys in shorts to circumcision. Remember... I told you I don't care about soccer, except at World Cup time. This is fun. I'm having a ball. US plays England Friday at 2pm.

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
A small penis insult. I would expect nothing less from you. Or more for that matter.
I read it as a no penis insult

• Helpful

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
Definitely out. I hated it when my kids played. Hell they hated it. But I did enjoy the show Ted Lasso.

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
Okeydokey..so I started a post about World Cup Soccer. Hey, anybody care about it? The posts have been all over the place. It's been kind of fun to see. Little boys in shorts to circumcision. Remember... I told you I don't care about soccer, except at World Cup time. This is fun. I'm having a ball. US plays England Friday at 2pm.
I’m 100% willing to watch the 3 minutes of actual effective offense and a few ridiculous flops on a high light reel….if there’s nothing else on the entire planet for me to be doing.😜

My German brother in law is ALL about the amazing fluidity of the attack and defense….I’m not impressed when a team plays for 90 minutes and never scores. It’s kind of like watching high level college wrestling. Everyone is so good at defense, no one can really do anything. Boring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m 100% willing to watch the 3 minutes of actual effective offense and a few ridiculous flops on a high light reel….if there’s nothing else on the entire planet for me to be doing.😜

My German brother in law is ALL about the amazing fluidity of the attack and defense….I’m not impressed when a team plays for 90 minutes and never scores. It’s kind of like watching high level college wrestling. Everyone is so good at defense, no one can really do anything. Boring.
Okey dokey.. The USA vs Iran was a really good game. It appears to me that our guys were much younger and faster. I don't know how much further they go, but it's still a good thing. The political part has got to mean something. It looks like things are sketchy in Iran politically. Anything that brings them down is fine with me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts