Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy butt whoopin' batman! two touchdown lead and its not even the third yet. You look at the faces of Brett and the vikings offense and you can tell they are having the time of thier lives. They are just rocking the packers. That is a man who knows how to LEAD a team. SUPER BOWL here we come!

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Ya know, I don't know how I feel about Brett running the Vikings, but if he's kicking Green Bay's ass, I think I might be coming around on him.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Yeah that would be sweet if the vikings make the SuperBowl , the Broncos can hand Brett another loss :D

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the vikings were just "there" all night long. The offense was out there making plays, calm, cool and collected. the defense didnt do teh best until the three consecutive goal line defense plays with 2 yards or less to go. After that the pack was pretty much morally beaten. you look at the faces of the viking players and they were just stoked. They were having FUN out there. And with favre leading like a QB should they demolished the pack.

SW

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think it can be said that both teams were talking a lot of trash. The Packers will dominate at home.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
With Brett Farve as a Viking now, I dont' know. Most of these guys know that Farve is out there to do nothing but win. If he does, he'll finally have my respect. November 1st will be here soon enough and we'll know how Brett's gonna do on his old home field when that time comes.

Guys, I've been a Vikings fan for my entire life. For Farve to come in from the Jets, being a career "Cheesehead" isn't something that I care for. For the Vikings to be 4-0 is a miracle by any stretch of the imagination, and if he beats the Packers at home, he just might have a chance IMHO.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
They won by 7, not humiliating really. Sacked Rodgers 8 times. That is horrible protection by their O-line. I still cant figure out how the Bears lost to Green Bay, oh yeah 4 interceptions and still almost won. Green Bay is overrated. Vikings look good but have yet to be tested. The Niners almost won without Frank Gore. I predict the NFC north is going to be a split between the Bears, Vikes, and Pack. Theyll all beat detroit twice. Its going to come down to out of conference schedule which so far favors the Vikings. I see two NFC north teams in the playoffs. Bears and Vikings.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dont know about the bears... I am pretty sure they will go on a losing streak.. I have always liked Favre.. I am not a fan of either GB or MN but I did grow up a couple of hours away from the twin cities so I wouldnt mind seeing the vikes win.. of course if that happens you know the world will end and hell will freeze over. I dont see any other team that is strong offensive and defensively like the vikes other than maybe NY giants in the NFC, New Orleans is good on offense but they will have to bring the Dfense if they want to stop either of those two teams.. we will see in a couple of weeks when NO plays NY.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do have to admit the late game was played well by the pack. However a three time down and goal shutdown is pretty hard to come back from.

SW

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
With Brett Farve as a Viking now, I dont' know. Most of these guys know that Farve is out there to do nothing but win. If he does, he'll finally have my respect. November 1st will be here soon enough and we'll know how Brett's gonna do on his old home field when that time comes.

Guys, I've been a Vikings fan for my entire life. For Farve to come in from the Jets, being a career "Cheesehead" isn't something that I care for. For the Vikings to be 4-0 is a miracle by any stretch of the imagination, and if he beats the Packers at home, he just might have a chance IMHO.
He was with the Falcons for a season before the Packer's, but I'll admit the majority of the time he was a "Cheesehead." I've been a Packers fan for a while, don't think I'll ever care for Favre again...

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Uh.... you mean the Jets right?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I think he's referring to the start of his career, he was drafted by the falcons, but traded after playing like 2 games for them to Green Bay where he really started his career, for all intents and purposes.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah there was some drafting/trading shenaningans that allowed GB to get a high end 1st round draft pick, plus pick up favre several games later.

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Ah... I didn't even know that. LOL! Shows you how much I follow Brett's career. Honestly, I've always personally hated the man.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I haven't personnally hated him but since his "retirement" bs I couldn't care less about him, he has no class. I only hope maybe if the Vikings are do and they do win it all...maybe he'll finally go away.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That won't happen until at least the end of next season. Brett signed a 2 year contract with Minnesota. I think it's something like $25M bucks for 2 years. He gets $12M this year and $13M next year. Besides that, Minnesota is the only team, other than the Buffalo Bills, that have made it to the Super Bowl and not won it all.

Of course, Buffalo did it 4 years in a row.Thank God the Vikings had the decency to spread their humiliation out over the course of 20 odd years.....

EDIT: Also, don't forget the fact that if the Vikings do go all the way this year Brett will be getting all kinds of incentives and bonuses added to his already ridiculous contract and might want to tack on a 3rd year to his "playing retirement". Sheesh, he reminds me of Michael Jordan. If you're going to retire, at least do it with some dignity. If you're walking away from the game for good, DO IT! All this wishy washy BS just makes you look like a fool that can't let go of childish dreams. Hell, he's already won a Super Bowl, what more does he want, egg in his beer?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts