Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Geezer, May 20, 2014.

1. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

I have a 995 Classic and a 995TS. I like the feel and looks of the Classic stock better than the TS stock. I'm not one to hang a lot of stuff on a gun so the lack of rails on the Classic doesn't bother me. Does anyone else prefer the Classic over the TS?

Another question, were there any .45 carbines made with the Classic stock? Will the .45 fit in a 995 Classic stock?

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

No 4595 Classic, only 4095's & 995's.
    I too like the Classic's, but I also like the TS & the ATI versions as well. I guess that is why I have them all?
    Wouldn't it be BORING if we only had one option?

Attached Files:

3. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I definitely like the look and ergonomics of the TS better than the classic, the TS also has a more solid/rigid feel to it. TS hands down over the classic IMO.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    +1 for the classic.

4595 will not fit the 995 stock but might fit the 4095 stock.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I actually have an extra 4095 Classic stock. If I could get a 4595TS I would try it on just for giggles?
    I would probably need to modify it just a bit?

1) Use the Classic reciever bolts?
    2) Modify the stock for the last round hold open?
    3) ?????

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I have everything needed. Just lazy.

Well that was easy. Remove plastic ring from 4595 barrel. Cut away plastic section on 4095 stock that corresponds to where the plastic ring was. Assemble. I just need to find a set of old school shroud screws.

Attached Files:

7. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I've never handled the TS, but do like the classic over the ATI. The gun currently sits in the ATI because my son likes it better.