Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else like to set in the house at night with all the lights off with a gun beside them? Sometimes people that walk past my house at night like to mess with our vehicles and things of that sort. I hope one of these nights i will gett he chance to scare the hell out of one of them.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I do that all the time.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
BTDT. we had groups of teens that were going around slashing brake lines. i sat on the back proch in the dark with a 12 ga shotgun, night vision scope and a cell phone. the PD was most appreciative of the fact i DIDNT shoot them, even though i had reason too (attempted manslaughter).

SW

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
BTDT. we had groups of teens that were going around slashing brake lines. i sat on the back proch in the dark with a 12 ga shotgun, night vision scope and a cell phone. the PD was most appreciative of the fact i DIDNT shoot them, even though i had reason too (attempted manslaughter).

SW
Curiosity is officially peaked. Full story? :)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
In SD damaging a persons vehicle in a way that can result in death or severe injury constitues attempted manslaughter. three car wrecks were attributed to cut brake lines on vehicles. the PD were unable to catch the perps. I sat up several nights watching as they were usually cut on weekend nights. i shut of all the l;ights and watched the alley where my cars were parked through a night owl monocular. i saw a group of five or six teenage boys walking "steathily" through the alley. most were hood rats. I slipped off the back porch and took up a position six fet from my vehicles. when i saw the first one reach under the fender and jerk from cutting the line i hit em with my maglight i had taped to my shotgun and yelled "freeze!". The one had a six inch hunting knife in hand, dripping with brake fluid. i yelled "move and i shoot!" they froze solid and i dialed 911 on my cell. the police were there within 30 seconds, arrested all six, took my statements and thanked me for not shooting the one with the knife even when i had every right to do so. the knife man was charged with attempted manslaughter and pled it down to felony malicious mischief. the other six all got misdemeanor vandalism and reckelss endagerment charges. i asked the PD to leave my name out of the reports as much as possible because i dont like alot of attention over things like that. as far as i know they were unable to pin the other incidents on the six but most of then either ended up in jail or juvie over the deal. I asked the officer what if they ever showed up back here again with revenge on their minds. he said to me "looks like you know how to use a shotgun." and walked away. ive never had a bit of trouble out of any of them. the PD kept my 12 ga for about two months and then told me to come pick it up. as far as i know that was the end of it.

after this incident and the one where i ended up running a drunk native off my porch with a 357 revolver (both took place in the first year i lived here) i havent had any trouble. i think word may have gotten around im not the guy to play games with.

SW

·
Registered
86 Posts
my brother in law said when he was living at home some people kept stealing crap from them. so one night after work he sat in a lawn chair in the back of their house dressed in black with a shot gun and saw the people coming back for more. he let em get close and then stood up and gave the shotgun a good rack (it was a pump) and yelled at them he said they almost had a heart attack. he told them if they came back he would do more than rack it up.

needless to say they didn't come back.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes dressed only in my underware :devilsidesmile:
Its scarier that way

·
Registered
345 Posts
ROFL...naked, with a Hi-Point...great, now I'm gonna have THOSE dreams again!...Don't ask...

:D :D :D :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook:

...Sometimes, you guys kill me...on the one hand, we are all mostly level-headed people who just want to live, learn, work, and play on even keels without causing or being involved in a lot of trouble. BUT...if I was a new person and had just stumbled upon this thread and the HPFF for the first time, I might get the wrong idea...

Of course, most people who stumble on this will probably be laughing harder than I did...

...and they might even be able to relate to that situation: being naked with a gun...

:wideeyed2: :wideeyed: :wideeyed: :sick: :sick: :no: :sleezy: :sleezy: :sleezy: :yes: :thinking: :p :p :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Later!!!

Jag 8)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oh, and by the way...

I'm guilty of doing this, too...

:embarrassed2: :embarrassed2: :embarrassed2:

...somehow, and I know this sounds odd, but keeping watch over your home, property, family, etc., at night, with a tall glass of....soda or lemonade (NO ALCOHOL...I know, you thought I was going to say beer or liquor, but THAT would be STUPID!!!...did I read your mind?... :D)...and your choice of a firearm can be, well, soothing and somewhat assuring...it makes you feel like you're safer, somehow...I don't know, I can't explain it real well at 4 AM, but that's kinda how it feels...

Jag 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.