Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
There was something about on the Kel-tec forums some ~4 years ago if I remember right. Some employees got burned at Kel-tec, and went to work for themselves. Pretty much copying Kel-tec, adding some little differences to not break patent laws or infringement of something. They added a safety(on a DOA pistol?) the uncomfortable finger grooves that fit nobodies hands, and some stylish lines on the slide.

That's why I remember from reading about them when I wanted a Kel-tec.

One more thing, Skyy, Sccy, or what ever they are calling themselves these days. They have had many products that were supposed to be released early 2004....but never did. Changing names, never releasing new designs. This company has "shit" written all over it in my book.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
i looked into them a while back , they switched from skyy to sccy because the vodka company sued . maaso is right , it's just a kel tec knock off . what i don't get is why it has a safety ....why on earth would you want a safety on a long double action only gun ? not to mention the fact that their own forums are filled with complaints about the safety breaking on it's own while firing....sometimes during the very first outing with the gun (so much so that they now offer a smaller safety thats just a filed down regular one in hopes it won't activate it's self). there's also lots of complaints about cracking slides , nothing exploding , but enough reports on cracked slides that i'm not interested in it . the real deal breaker is that is costs as much as a kel tec p11 which is leaps and bounds a better gun (not to mention it's the exact gun they "tried" to rip off) . i wouldn't waste your time, if thats the style of gun you want get the p11 .

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
There was something about on the Kel-tec forums some ~4 years ago if I remember right. Some employees got burned at Kel-tec, and went to work for themselves. Pretty much copying Kel-tec, adding some little differences to not break patent laws or infringement of something....One more thing, Skyy, Sccy, or what ever they are calling themselves these days. They have had many products that were supposed to be released early 2004....but never did. Changing names, never releasing new designs. This company has "shat" written all over it in my book...
You must be right.
http://www.sccyindustries.com/2009/
Never heard of them before. They're located not far from Kel-Tec. South Daytona vs. Cocoa, both not far from Cape Canaveral.
Maybe the've got their act together, now. They offer same warranty as Hi-Point.
BTW, DAO= Double Action Only; DOA=Dead On Arrival.
Their website has it both ways (ha-ha).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A guy at our range had one on yesterday morning... just bought it NIB and brought it out to shoot the first time. The safety kept engaging after every shot. I don't know whether he was hitting it with his hand, or what, but the safety mechanism seemed awfully out of place on a DAO pistol. He fired two mags worth, got P*$$*D and left... the fact that my dad fired five mags flawlessly out of my Kel-Tec while this was going on didn't help the guy's mood any.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks for the info.
I wasnt planning on buying one anyway, I was just curious about them as I have never heard of this company. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
when they first came on the scene a guy from skyy (as it was named then) went on ktog (i think that is where it happened) and desguised his identity... he was saying how much better skyy was than keltec. He acted as if he was a normal consumer....anyway he took it pretty far, then got caught and finally admitted it. The skyy CEO or somebody high up in the company( at least he identified himself as that) posted apologizing about it. Things kind of went down hill from there. There is (or least was) a skyy/forum that is pretty much dead. It used to be linked off the scyy's website but isn't any longer. When they first came out they created a lot of buzz as they seemed to fill some of the holes that some people felt keltec had... anyway thats the best i can remember it as it happened quite a while ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts