Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Anyone ever....

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Maaso 
#1 ·
Cut foam in pistol carriers to create molded openings? Its hard for me to explain, so look at this pic....

Im wondering how to do that? I know the manufacturers use a die to cut theirs, Im thinking razor blade with a sobor hand? Where can I get foam? That case is from Tokyo Marui or whatever for their airsoft Mk23. And I want something like that for mine. I dont know if they sell it serperatly, and I'd hate to spend $300 on a damn airsoft gun just to get the case.

See less See more
#3 ·
did something like that once before with insulating foam for my father in law. made him a display case. i would suggest a hobbie knife instead of a blade. might be easier to control.

#6 ·
The trick I use to cut foam for road cases and mic boxes is using a heated wire. They actually sell such a thing as Harbor Freight. I can't remember the manufacture but I'll dig it up for you. I've also seen electric kitchen knives used with some success if the foam is dense enough

#7 ·
For the detail cuts try using a soldering gun, not an iron but the gun type. They basically have one wire that is bent to sit like two. Also a razor blade does work, you will just need to make several shallow cuts instead of one deep cut. I have seen pistol and rifle cases like that before. Working at the airport, I get to see all the cool stuff. Look around on the net at different type of pistol cases. Try doing a google image search for the same, then you can see what you are looking for and will most likely find what brand it is you are looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.