Anyone excited for the start of CFB?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Back2School, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Back2School

Back2School Member

Of course I am a KU fan (yes even in football), but anyone else excited for the start of the season?

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nervous about MU.... But yeah, ready for em to get goin

3. jim417

jim417 Member

I'm just hoping Illinois can get 5 wins this year.

4. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

ready for it to be over with already.
    With the OSU/Michigan fans belittling each other at work constantly, it gets REALLY annoying this time every year. And the conversation that takes place when a fan wants to talk about the game: "You a Buckeye fan?" "No." "Oh, you're a Michigan fan then huh?" Like those are the only 2 teams in the whole football league.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Dudes, Aggie's just stomped South Carolina. I love football. Ag's were 10 point dogs going in. I love college football where all the games count and there are real rivalries. I really like to catch the division 2 and 3 games (don't have a clue what they are called now) ESPN carriers a few of them so I can get my fix.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    When I got out of the Army and went back to BYU, I could have gotten rich betting on A&M against the Cougars. Those guys at the Y are faithful to their team, but back in '94, they seemed to have no clue how good football in Texas can be. There's a reason they recruit there so heavily.;)

But I'm with you on the D2 and other stuff. Sometimes the big boys are just way too over produced, like it was a job. Heck, they are finally making it legal to get paid. In the smaller schools, guys play because they want to play, often there's no scholarship, there's no career waiting, there is nothing but love of the game.

7. planosteve

Up the road in Sherman I can go see a D3 school (Austin College) play for $10 with free parking. Games are pretty good too. The big college's are just as expensive as a pro game.

8. Back2School

Back2School Member

Hey the university of Kansas is a big college.

I can still pay $10 to see a football game and park for free (even if I have to climb over Mt. Oread or take a bus to the stadium)

I just have trouble seeing my team win a football game :)

Or Student tickets are $45 for the whole football season. $150 if you want basketball too.

Football show up in the 1st quarter and you are in the first 2 rows. Basketball if you are not part of a group camping out the few days before, you are in the rafters if you can even get in.

9. planosteve

I can still hop on the light rail and see an SMU game for me and my wife can do that for under 50

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I really don't care about football or sports in general.
    Everywhere you go it's sports, sports sports on TV.
    Every bar you walk into it's sports with the volume at 11.
    No wonder this country is slowly going brain dead.
    Sports were used by the Roman emperors to distract the people from the real issues.........;)

Only things I'll watch is drag racing, MMA, poker or summer Olympics.
    Don't care for the frolicking in the snow either.

* Grumpy *

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    See, that's the problem with them there liberals. They don't understand how things in the real world work, 'cause they don't get into real sports, sports that require a team and cooperation and sacrifice to succeed, like football, rugby, baseball, or maybe lacrosse. Some of them are on board with basketball, but I'm still suspicious of that game.:rolleyes:

Don't believe me? You do know that most of the things you picked were individual sports, right SWAGS?:p

BTW...poker isn't a sport.:cool:

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Much like you're trying to get us distracted by women walking around with their Bo-Bos hanging out......

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  15. planosteve

We had a discussion at work about sports and I did a very good job pi$$ing most everyone off. I stated that any activity that requires judges to score your performance is not a sport it is performing arts. Real sports have scores, times, and other none subjective ways of determining the winner. Also sitting in a chair and playing poker is not a sport it is gambling.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's the EXACT same argument I use when our drill team starts whining about no one calling them a sport.

They've won 11 state titles in a row, they are amazingly dedicated, they work ridiculously hard, and I have nothing but respect for them. But it's not a sport.:rolleyes:

I keep trying to tell them that on it's best day, sport can be described as art. But they already are an art, why descend to the level of just being a sport?

They don't buy it either.:rolleyes:

17. Vols play Sunday night. Every other customer today was wearing orange. thank god for hot girls who don't follow sports but like to drink. I love them.