Anyone Familiar with Jaeger/Emf .45LC pistols?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Shooter_McGavin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. The Good?

The Bad?

and the Ugly?

Thanks

Ed

Attached Files:

2. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  4. Yes it is. Im going to go look at it at my LGS whom has it on consignment. Not sure of its age or usage but in the picture it has some wear. It's a Dakota, Not a Dakota 2. I like the engraving on it. I have never owned this brand so not sure on quality. I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Ed

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's pre 1993, Jager is Italian, even though it sounds German, and good quality, they are steel, not zamack or anything, only the grip frame is brass, so as long as the gun is still tight, it's ok.

Some info:
    "Dakotas from 1962 – 1968 have no safety mechanism. Revolvers from 1969 – 71 or thereabouts generally have a hammer wheel safety. Revolvers after that have a base pin safety. On Jagers, this is an odd "twist" base pin rather than the “Swiss” two notch pin that became common on Italian SAA replicas"

The engraved model you posted came in a wooden box, and cost $175 in the early '70's

http://www.sackpeterson.com/models/dakota.html

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. sarahsmom

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind?

7. I have not bought it yet, Mid week im going to take a look at it.

Ed

8. Thanks for the info Ajole, appreciated. Not sure what the difference between the 2 are except for barrel length and engraving but, i looked online and the new ones go for about 460.00 according to thier www. The one pictured above has a 5 1/2 inch barrel i can get for 365.00 not including DRO's ect... The one they advertise on there site is a 4 3/4 inch Barrel for 460.00 without the engraving..

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/DAKOTA-II-45LC-4-3-4-354p1375.htm

update on this, The price is 395.00 not 365.00. Im liking it the more i stare at it though, LOL,

Ed

9. Google is your friend! LOL

After some searching, I found this, Now according to this the 5.5 barrel is a .357 not a .45LC. So, i will have to make a call to get that info straight.

Ed

Attached Files:

10. It must be a late model? They say for sure its 5.5 inch. Going to go get touchy feely with it this wed. I'll keep all posted..

Ed

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Sounds kinda like a good deal to me.

12. You shoulda went ahead and bought it....just saying.

13. There holding it for me.... LOL

14. desertrider

desertrider Member

Yup, Italian company.

I used to own a Jager AK 22 imported by Mitchell Arms. That little rimfire was well built and really accurate. Real wood and steel and actually looked like a real AK47 from a distance.

Traded it to a guy for a race built '84 Honda XR500 with a blown tranny in '98. The suspension and engine top end internals were worth at least three times the value of the gun.

The bike I used the parts on is long gone, and if I hadn't done the deal I'd still have the rifle to shoot.

I've given up trading and selling guns that I own and actually like. Too many regrets.

15. Same here. Never again.

16. Update!

So, what happened as i knew was going to happen did in fact happen as it usually always happens when i go to my LGS.

Yep,
    Off consignment hold the 8th, paper work Dro's etc.. today. Then released from jail the 18th. Oh yeah baby, This piece is purty nice!!

Ed

Attached Files:

17. sarahsmom

I am gonna' say it again - man, that is a beautiful gun! Congratulations!

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Very nice! Not sure I like the look of that trigger...but that's not a problem considering the rest of the gun!:)

19. What do you mean?

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Purely cosmetics! It's about right for a cowboy SAA, I'm just stupid, and like more curve.:p