anyone from fort hood?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by gabriel c., Apr 23, 2008.

1. The Mexican authorities were confused its seems, when the contraband was going IN to Mexico instead of OUT of the country.

I hope the soldier gets out of this and gets his weapons back if they are legal.

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Dang,
    Well... All i have to say is i hope he comes out of this in good health and spirits.

3. Guns in Mexico is always bad news. It's amazing that people want the same oppression here in the US.

Hoping he's free and back home here soon.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

In AZ, one guy went on vacation to a popular vacation spot for us Arizonans (not me, since I grew wise) and had one box of shells under his seat. Nothing else. He just wasnt that efficient making sure nothign illegal was in his truck when he left. And, yeah, he got stopped at the border on the way back. Long story short: Time in Federal prison. I belive it was around six months, if I am not mistaken.

Myself, when I was working in San Louis, Nogales, and Douglas AZ, I made double damn sure that I was NOT heading south. I could drive next to that vaunted wall on our side, but I would be damned if I would cross.

5. gregj

gregj Member

I grew up in Texas, actually in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area. Never, ever, had a desire to go to Mexico. I guess I grew up smart too.

6. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

My good friend, Andy Dufresne, went to a town called Zihuatanejo in Mexico, after he busted out of Shawshank. I was supposed to go see him, but really don't care to make the trip.
    Seriously, I've followed this story the last couple of days and at first it seemed a little suspect. But now I think he just made a really bad and dumb mistake. As stated before, there are signs everywhere that say you are about to enter Mexico. STOP!
    I think he'll be okay and back on his way pretty quick.

7. That's one of the reasons that Mexico is now off limits to all DoD and Military personnel, to include the USAF and the Army at Ft. Bliss in El Paso.

Hope he gets it taken care of and gets back to duty soon.

8. he just picked a bad time to get lost. military is patrolling the streets taking care of the drug dealers and their executions in juarez. not to recent they busted a u.s. citizen trying to smuggle 24 ar15, a few hand guns, ammo, and a .50 cal. machine gun so yes he really looks suspicious to them right now.

9. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    My upstairs neighbor's kid was in Ft Hood. He's in Iraq right now though; his smiling mug is in the pictures that they flash on the front page of the Ft Hood website, checking the oil on his Bradley.

10. Be interesting to see if the US government tries to help him

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

IF? IF??? It's their dog in this fight, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't... I'd rather see this solidier back on our dirt than staying in the Mexican Grey-Bar Hotel... But who knows... it is the Gub'mint.