Anyone got a flat rate manual?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by masfonos, Feb 9, 2008.

1. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    If anyone's got a flat rate manual, could you look something up for me.

I'd like to know the books time for replacing the power steering oil cooler hose on a 1990 Chevrolet Corsica 3.1L V6.

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

If you can wait till tommorrow, my Friend is a Master tech, and can prolly get you a fair ballpark price. Better yet, wait till monday, when I can call him at the shop. Sorry I couldnt be more help, dude.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

Are they still publishing them in a book? I thought it was now all on CD LOL :wink:

4. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    Heh, yeah...it sure seems that way. I was trying to find a free one online (get real :roll:) and all I found were sites trying to sell me the software version of them. Oh, and some free ones for farm equipment and semi-trailers.

elguapo: That'd be much appreciated.

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

depends on which hose it is. if its a return line maybe an hour tops. If its a pressure line, some of them require subframe and motor mount removal to acess. Some also require special tools that likely only a dealership may have.

SW

6. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio

AFAIK, it's the only power steering oil cooler hose on the vehicle :wink:

7. minidriver

minidriver Member

Right leg and left testicle,,,,the real question is why do you have a Corsica???

Just kidding

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I will call him again. I mistook it for an oil cooler line, sorry!

9. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

there are two, one going in, one going out. :twisted:

SW