Anyone have a photo...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by blkhwkfxr, Jan 1, 2008.

1. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Anyone have a photo of a 995 with a ProMag 15 round mag in the well ? After reading some of the success stories on moding them I may concider buying a few, but for 30 bucks a pop they should AT LEAST look better than my hi cap. Thanks in advance. :D

2. Langford

Langford Guest

Give me about 10 minutes, I will get some good pictures of the magazine in and out of the gun.

*edit*

Ok, here are a few quick pics.

In the gun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What needs to be cut off of the sleeve to fit into a 995 with an ati stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the cut follower and bent feed lips to allow the rounds to feed into the gun correctly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont mind the ruff edges, I will go over it with a sanding bit in my dremel later this week, and re-paint the metal.....I didnt want to put a whole ton of time into it before I knew it worked.

3. Could you take some pics that are not so dark of the feed lips and follower in the top of the mag please?

4. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

That looks alot better than mine...
    [​IMG]
    It is way too long for having only 3 more rounds. Think I may just have to invest in a few of those for moding. Thanks abunch Langford =)

5. I think i would rather have yours than the promag. Those things are junk junk junk.

6. Langford

Langford Guest

Sure will, give me a few minutes and I will post them up.

blkhwkfxr, function over form. If it works well, who cares what it looks like.

7. Langford

Langford Guest

8. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

blkhwkfxr, function over form. If it works well, who cares what it looks like.[/quote]
    I appriciate the sentiment but I did do a few obstical course like movements with it installed while I was testing it's derability. Seemed to snagg every loop and vine I ran across.
    I figure the lower profile on the Promag will be alot better, just in case that revolution ever comes about... shhhh. :shock: