Whick shotgun should I buy

• Charles Daly Field Tatical for $199

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking threw the big 5 sports flyer and saw a charles daly "field tatical" 12 guage for $199 and a remington 870 express super magnum for $189 I am not real big on shotguns and was wondering which one yall would pick. I have heard of remington but never of charles daly. Anyshotgun people out there could help me.

G

·
If it were me, I would go with the Remington: The 870 is VERY versitle, as far as barrels, accessories etc.
The Charles Daly is Chinese, but dont quote me on that. Most people have good luck with them (dont ask GM!).

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Get the Remington, you can get tacti-cool parts for them cheaper and they are more readily available.

G

·
from what I understand the Charles Daly's are not bad guns, but for the same price get the Remington. Another good one in that range is a Mossberg 500.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I personally think that the Remington 870 Express is one of the best shotguns ever made.There are so many accessories that they make for it, especially if you want to go tactical with it.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Charles Daly makes some niice shotguns, but their lowest end models leave much to be desired, like a long break in period, finicky feed problems, and so on. There's no way to go wrong with an 870, especially at that price, and the magnum series will accept 3.5" magnum shells for a real thump.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I was looking threw the big 5 sports flyer and saw a charles daly "field tatical" 12 guage for $199 and a remington 870 express super magnum for $189
What a deal on the 870 for $189.
I just checked my Big 5 and that same gun is on sale for $289 in AZ
Regular Price............$399.99
Our Sale Price..........$319.00
Mail-in Rebate..........-$30.00

@ $189, I would be tempted to buy 10 of 'em. :wink:

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is a good deal on the 870. Thats almost $100 cheaper than I paid for mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts