Anyone know the history of this frame?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by ratchowmein, Dec 7, 2015.

1. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I saw this photo on line a while ago and never saw any info on it. Anybody know the "who what when" of what I am assuming is a modified frame?

Attached Files:

2. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

just got a second to post up how i found that

to reverse search an immage with google is actually kinda cool btw

go to
    https://images.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl
    click the camera (when highlighted it says search by image)
    upload the file and it auto searches

i will get bored and search some of my pictures of random things once in a while it can be good for a laugh

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It is a Nickel Stallard JS-9 frame?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I was gonna say "Ask MEL" but he's already up in dis ***** :rofl:

5. MachoMelvin

After Further Review:
    1) It has a rail under the barrel, must be a 40 or 45?
    2) The serial number is not on the left side of the frame, could be on the inside or outside edge of the hand-grip?
    3) It appears to be polished not Nickel, looks black under the safety switch area, in the mag well?

Now, I am NOT sure!

6. MachoMelvin

I have looked at all of my guns & I don't see a front rail on any of my alloy frames, only the polymer frames. So this could be a silver painted 40 or 45 caliber polymer frame, covering the serial number?

7. MachoMelvin

I guess I didn't read the entire original post?
    If it is a modified frame it could be anything? It could be an original Stallard frame, with the lower rail added. That would discard the felony factor with the serial number being covered, because the serial numbers were on the inside of the hand grip.

8. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Nice looking gun - and Melvin you are awesome as always!

9. I don't think it's a polymer frame; someone could have bonded a rail on the front of the frame. As for no serial number, I routinely edit and block my s/n by copying an adjoining section of the photo and pasting over it. My hunch is that it's a Haskell or Iberia since there are no ribs above the top hole in the strap. But it's only a hunch.

10. MachoMelvin

This picture I posted was my Iberia-40 that I had Nickel plated last month. The OP picture with the lower rail has to be a mod. None of the alloy frames I own, have a lower rail. I had read somewhere that a lower picatinny rail was a new feature on the polymer frames.

11. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Thanks. That is pretty cool.
    One photo leads to another and another. Like using Wikipedia. I go there to look up some info on Izhmash, and an hour later I'm looking at turtles lol!:p

12. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Thanks Melvin.
    I'm thinking it's a modified .40 cal frame that had a rail attached and what looks like a hole for a mag button release drilled. But I'm not sure of the model and I've never found any photos of it complete.
    I'd like to know how the mag release turned out, or just the whole project really.

Attached Files:

13. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I'm going to add this thread about this frame to the HP pistol section to see if I get any other info.

Attached Files: