Anyone know what gun this is?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Mar 3, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

In the movie Reservoir Dogs, this guy pics up this gun, inserts a mag, flips the barrel up, puts the barrel back down, racks the slide, and puts it in his boot. Nice little gun, I like how the barrel flips up! What is it?

Attached Files:

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Crap I know is one can't remember it though. :-(

3. norham

norham Member

Beretta Jet-Fire....

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Cool! Thanks! That's it.

5. beretta bob cats do that. and Taurus PT22. They are GREAT for people with less strength. No slide racking necessary. I shot a friends Beretta bobcat and loved it. He offered it to me for $100. i would have taken it. But it was chambered in 22Short :-( and i just didnt want to look for that all the time

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So did the Beretta 86, it was chambered in .380ACP and was roughly the size of a Bersa Thunder.

[​IMG]

Weird. I've never heard of a Bobcat chambered for only .22Short. I've always seen them in .22LR.

Was it, maybe, the Beretta Minx?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. That is a cool .380 would put bersa out of business if it was priced like a bersa :p

You are right, it was a beretta 950 Minx. he referred to it as a bobcat as he was probably confused. IT would have been a superb boot cary gun.

If i saw it now for that price i would buy it, as i already have a Phoenix in 22LR to plink with. but at the time, i would have to make 1 purchase not 2

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That's the rub, ain't it? Beretta's MSRP for their .22LR tip-up barrel, blued, Bobcat, is $410. Taurus' MSRP for their .22LR tip-up barrel, blued, PT22, is $273, making the Bobcat ~1/3 more expensive (but you get the Beretta name, right?). If we were to assume a similar price structure (which I don't think would be fair because the 86 functions very differently from the Thunder), the Bersa Thunder has an MSRP of $350 so (assuming a 1/3 greater price) that would make a MSRP of ~$470 or so (which really isn't bad for a Beretta carry .380). It looks like the going price for used 86's starts at around $650 and goes up. Gunporker has one listed right now for over $1,000 (supposedly like new, with box).

It's out of production anyway, but I wish they'd bring it back. It would sell well.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page

International Movie Firearms Data Base. I love this site. If you see a firearm in a movie, just search the movie and it will tell about all the weapons in that movie.

10. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

The Beretta Tomcat is another one. Chambered in .32acp. I got this one on clearance for $299.

[​IMG]

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

MX that is one sexy little popgun!

12. bluharley

bluharley Member