Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to start a huge fight here, but I dont think I can be the only one, does anyone else like the old stock better than the new TS?

Personally I like the classic stock so much more, the new TS stock to me looks like a half assembled air soft gun to me...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The chrome model was the first HP I ever saw I fel in love and had to have one. Its actually what turned me on to Hi point.

But Im with sam on this one I have yet to lay my paws on one so I couldnt tell you but when I do I be sure to post my Opinion.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I absolutely love both stocks. To me, its two diff. guns. Both of wich are pretty awesome in my book. Now if I could only have one....I would so with the TS, to me it just feels right. But that would be a hard choice to make though.
T.T.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you Sam. Holding will be my deciding factor on if I like it or not. From the pictures it looks ok, but maybe unoriginal or like a AR tactical knock off. With the quirky original style it stands apart and not much out there looks like it, I just wish the original plastic wasn't so flimsy. Has anyone tried to strengthen the original stock with epoxy or anything? Just an Idea?

·
Registered
32 Posts
just a noob posting here but... doesn't the ATI stock beat them both hands down for ergonomics & looks? I just bought an old stock 995 a couple days ago & don't plan on changing the stock anytime soon. May prime and paint it OD green though.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I don't know much about the ATI stock, never seen one in person or held one, but I just don't like the looks of it. I can't really put my finger on it though. That's the good thing about opinions though, we all get to have our own.

T.T.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Love the TS more than the old factory? Don't know yet -- I've tried to find one at a dealer to handle it, and haven't succeeded.

I'll tell you this, though, I like the TS more than the ATI. Heck, I like the old factory stock more than the ATI.

Currently I'm torn between the old factory (which I own), a modified old factory (which I just bought a spare to play with), and the the TS (when I get my hands on it.)

The ATI is out in the cold.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I have the new TS which I love for design and function.
My brother let me try his old style 995 which to me is an ugly stick that shoots well. Put the two next to each other and I would be hard pressed to figure out why anyone would choose the old style. To each his own.

I hear good and bad about the ATI Stock but ugly is not one of them.
Maybe they sell because you get a Beretta storm clone for less than half the cost of the original.
I really think the massive sales of ATI aftermarket stocks caused Hi-point to redesign the 995 stock to the TS.
If they start selling the TS stock for $50-60 by it self I see the sales of ATI going way down.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
My local dealer around the corner had a 995TS in the shop the other day. Of course I had to get my grubby paws on it. It looks a bit like one of those "tacticool" conversion stock you'd put on a 10/22, but when it's in your hands...

They've added some texture to the grip, so it's not as "slick" feeling as the classic stock, and the spring-loaded butt should make it more comfortable to shoot for those sensitive to that sort of thing.

And of course, there are the rails. If you 'need' a flashlight, a laser, and a pistol-grip on the forearm; then this is the stock for you.

I didn't walk out of the shop with a new carbine, but I do have more of an appreciation for the new design than I did before I actually held one in my hands.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have not felt the new stock yet but if its made of the same flimsy rubber/plastic stuff the original is they can keep it.

I will stick with the much more solid ATI.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have the new TS which I love for design and function.
My brother let me try his old style 995 which to me is an ugly stick that shoots well. Put the two next to each other and I would be hard pressed to figure out why anyone would choose the old style. To each his own.

I hear good and bad about the ATI Stock but ugly is not one of them.
Maybe they sell because you get a Beretta storm clone for less than half the cost of the original.
I really think the massive sales of ATI aftermarket stocks caused Hi-point to redesign the 995 stock to the TS.
If they start selling the TS stock for $50-60 by it self I see the sales of ATI going way down.
How does the TS stock feel compared to the original? Are they made of the same material?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just held a 995TS today. I really like the new stock, but it is the same type of plastic. I'm picking up a used 4095 soon, and the new stock will be one of the first changes. Also the new 995 features LRHO. Unfortunately, the old 4095 I'm picking up doesn't, but it will get me by until the new ones are available again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't really like the looks of the new stcok. I didn't like the looks of the old one either but it funtioned well. I put the ATI stock on and had some initial problems, but after they were easily resolved I like the ATI as well or better than the original stock, and it looks pretty cool on top of it. I would have to hold and shoot one to be sure, but one 995 is all I need. Wouldn't mind a 4095, though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts