Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone one here open carry? It is legal in Ohio without needing a permit so I kinda want to give it a try. I am just worried it is going to freak some people out. Does any one have experience open carring?

Also anyone know of any good holsters that fit the C9?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I live in Idaho and i have open carried a little. I do get some looks every once in a while because i am a college student and no one thinks i am old enough to have a gun and also most people dont know its legal to carry one on your hip.

As far as a holster i use a size 16 Uncle Mikes. It fits my C9 really nice and its a pretty cheap holster. I have also heard of people buying air pistol holsters at Wally world but i wouldnt suggest it

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Nobody open carried when I was growing up in SoCal. When I moved to Oregon, nobody open carried in the small town I lived in unless they were on their way out of town to camp, hunt, fish, etc.

In Arizona, open carry was common (small towns again) and nobody paid any attention. It's still very common to find people who OC in small-town AZ, but you'll get stares and some remarks in the big cities. I once saw someone get chewed out in the checkout line at WalMart when they made a snide comment about another customer who was armed. The unarmed people in line are the ones who set them straight.

Here in Vegas, you don't see anybody armed. CCW is very common here and I know more than a few that have permits, but nobody much wants the attention OC will get you here. In small town Nevada some people OC--less than AZ though.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Does anyone one here open carry? It is legal in Ohio without needing a permit so I kinda want to give it a try. I am just worried it is going to freak some people out. Does any one have experience open carring?

How do you intend to open carry in this weather? If you're wearing a coat, it's a CW

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
i open carry regularly in the summer. i have had a LEo stop me and ask to see my ID but he just wanted to make sure i was old enough (i have a baby face). i gave it to him, he handed it back and said have a nice day. ive also ridden my bike to range with various firearms slung cross-body with no problems as well.

SW

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I open carry on a regular bases here in the Phoenix metro area, Get a few stares now and then but to see some one armed is not unusual around here.

Jet650

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you intend to open carry in this weather? If you're wearing a coat, it's a CW
[/quote]

I'm not right in the head & dont usually get cold so I rarley wear jackets. I also wear sandals year round, snow or no snow!

·
Registered
236 Posts

I know of a lot of people that dont know OH is a OC state. H3ll when I took my CC class the instructor (ex cop) said not to many cops know were an OC state. So he didnt believe it. I found out through a website. I would like to try it hear in OH but I just dont want the added attention from people and the cops. It would be better to OC in the summer. I hate the bulge my HP .45 makes in my Tshirts. Yes I carry my HP. Been carrying it since last year. But Im leaning towards something smaller in a .45.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I open carry in Ohio on an occasional basis. Where are you located?
Cleveland.

G

·
Why do you want to open carry? Im glad Texas is a state where only CC is allowed and one must be licensed. I do not want anyone to know I am armed, they will only find out if needed. To me, the general public is a bit wierded out when they see your average Joe carring on the side of there hip..so why egg it on.

Of course, its all good and happy shooting!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why do you want to open carry? Im glad Texas is a state where only CC is allowed and one must be licensed. I do not want anyone to know I am armed, they will only find out if needed. To me, the general public is a bit wierded out when they see your average Joe carring on the side of there hip..so why egg it on.

Of course, its all good and happy shooting!
For me, I would like the option. I agree that given the choice, I would CC mostly, but for high crime areas I may travel to (such as Houston, Deep Elum in downtown Dallas) I would prefer to advertise that I am armed. I'm sure many criminals would take the chance figuring that most people don't CC. A visual deterent would be nice for those situations. Yes, they BG would find out I'm armed should something happen, but I would rather avoid the situation completely. I would hate to put the judgement call of if my shoot was clean and justifiable in the hands of some Texas LEOs. (Some are intelligent and good people, but some of them are the same ones that give BS tickets because they can)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.