Anyone own a Star Modelo Super?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ConstantineC9, Mar 24, 2008.

1. I was searching for some cheap handguns on the web and came across it, I have seen this gun before(I think) in a local pawn shop. I know a specific gun when I see it. I found them at Sarco for sale, does anyone know if 38 super is still in production? Any pics of your firearm?

2. You probably saw it in 9mm Largo (9X23mm). A coworker swears you can shoot .38 Super out of it, and it seems like the dimensions are close and I think the Largo is a hotter round--

I would advise against it though--

I value my hands and eyes-- I would hate to have a KB because I tried to "make it work"-- plus around here it is almost as easy to get Largos as 38Supers-- which are impossible to find except at a dedicated gunstore..

4. Dave_H

Dave_H Member

The only Star I currently have is a Star model BM in 9mm. Got it a few years back, for $159.
    I'll vouch for the brand. It is a crying damn shame they went out of business.

5. I have seen that model before, it was $210 in the local pawn about a month ago. Should have bought it, well, it's between the Cz 52 or the Star Modelo Super.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

I have a Star BS in 9mm that is very much like the super. I gave $150 for it from CDNN It does not look this anymore. It has been sand blasted and it is ready for some duracoat...

[​IMG]

7. Sweeeet 8)

8. pjm204

pjm204 Member

Someone can verify this but I don't think sarco is selling guns right now...having an issue with their ffl