Anyone seen this headstamp?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by welderman, Oct 10, 2015.

1. welderman

welderman Member

I took my wife out to the target range today for some relaxation. (Yes, I'm one of the lucky ones. She loves to shoot, and she's pretty darn good at it.) We always walk the range first for brass, then we watch for any while we are between rounds.
    Today we found a bunch including some .40 S&W with the headstamp; WMA 14. I did a Giggle search for it and came up dry. Have any of you seen this headstamp, and what manufacturer is it?:confused:

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

When you giggled it did it laugh :-D
    Haven't seen any that I can think of

3. welderman

welderman Member

It kinda snickered a little.:rofl:

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Probably better luck with GOOGLE. That returned lots of hits. Mostly it seems it is winchester probably from a WWB. Number is year

5. rickm

rickm Member

6. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I've got some 9mm cases with the WMA headstamp.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    m00nazized ;)

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Winchester brass has WCC, WMA or 9mm Luger head stamps.
    If it also has a cross inside of a circle it designates it as NATO load.
    Without the cross it is simply a standard commercial load.
    Winchester uses whatever brass they have available at the time to run their lines with.
    The 14 is the year of manufacture ( 2014 ).

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    FYI, from another forum:
    And from Winchester themselves:

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Companies have a right to source their labor from any pool of workers they choose, and they have a right to set up in locations that are the most advantageous for them. It is just good business.

When unions fail to appreciate the jobs that companies provide, and their demands adversely impact competitiveness, then the time comes for companies to move to other locations where they can benefit workers who will be thankful for the jobs that they provide.

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Let's keep on topic. If you want a union vs non-union debate start another thread. I don't agree with your statements, especially insinuating companies aren't at fault and it is the greedy union. BTW, I am in a so called 'right to work' state.

12. Think1st

Florida
    On topic, huh? You're the one who posted a quote about evil Winchester union busting.

13. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    No, it was a quote containing information about the head stamp. Only a small part was his opinion about why Winchester moved. At least they stayed in the states for now, huh? If quoting someone you quote the whole paragraph, not parts of it. Wars and religions have been started that way.

If that guy's writing struck some cord with you start a thread then. I certainly welcome it. He had some good info there about the brass, especially for ones wanting to reload it because of the primer issues.

14. Think1st

Florida
    Less than half of that was about the brass. Quoting entire paragraphs is unnecessary. If using a quote to reinforce a point, quote only enough of it to make the point, while maintaining context. Quoting excess material is just a way to run up word counts for papers in school, while preventing the salient points you are trying to make from coming through with the appropriate amount of force. If it was so critical to quote entire paragraphs, then professors wouldn't dock points for quoting too much.

Anyhow, I have no desire to start a thread about unions. I just wanted to defend Winchester from someone's loaded comments.

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    :confused: So you felt the need to defend Winchester? You know any of the facts of the case? Was this guy's post factual? Did those events take place? Here check out poor Winchester and what they did for yourself in just one article available. LINK

Misquotes are everywhere. Why some of those professors you are referring to are probably one of the best offenders. Politics,journalism and the comedy shows are full of it too.

16. Think1st

Florida
    So you felt the need to put this guys quote about Winchester's move in here, as well as what he said about the quality of the cases if you weren't sure about the factuality of this guy's post?

And if the guy was wrong about the reason for the move, then Winchester deserves defense all the more.

17. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Yes, how many times must I explain why I put his whole paragraph in quote? :confused: I don't think I can make it anymore clearer why. Sorry you don't agree why. Did you look at link? His quote did answer multiple points about the brass except maybe the year stamp, which was mentioned before. Besides, isn't it interesting to see why Winchester (part of Olin and soon to be part of DOW chemical) moved the centerfire plant from Illinois to Mississippi? Therefore the need for a different head stamp. Could explain the junk in the WWBs on the shelves that has been talked about on here many times? Considering his factual points, they were in line with other posts and even Winchester themselves. I checked all that before quoting. Were they wrong as well?

18. Think1st

Florida
    So now you're going back to repeat what you said, before, but in a different way, as well as arguing points that have nothing to do with my original statement on the subject. Bravo. It still doesn't counter anything that I've said before. You can walk away, now. You're all out of Schlitz on this one.

19. welderman

welderman Member

Well thanks for all of the information, I was going to ask about another headstamp but I think I'll wait till later. I think it's best this thread dies.

20. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I agree, some people you can't get through too no matter what.

As per the opps request Mods can lock this thread.