Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted here cause of the subject matter wasn't sure. I just caught the last half of this on IFC holy crap Batman its wickedly funny a docu-comedy about what would have happened had the south won the war in 1864...lmao check it out if you get a chance and let me know your thoughts..still laffing.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
That was a Spike Lee "joint" wasn't it?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a Spike Lee "presentation" whatever that means but he wasn't director or producer. Lets meet at the "**** Chicken Inn" and talk about it. lol

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I got some laughs out of it, SSN!, but some of it was just :sick:

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I thought the whole thing about the CSA conferring with the nazis and telling them killing the jews was a waste of human livestock was bitingly funny. Maybe its just me.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Nah, I got a chuckle outta that one too...and the keeping of jews on Long Island

·
Registered
602 Posts
It was funny.

And it was horrible.

It was 50% blown out of proportion, but the other 50% was based on fact. All those products and advertisements were based on real products and real adds.

That's the part that blew me away.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Damn you guys are easily amused.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
^

Heck yes, hence why I like to argue with you :tongue2:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Those weren't arguments...arguments involve broken bones... :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I watched it, it was ridiculous... Ok, lets say the south wins, they were fighing a defensive war and not trying to take over the north, so the nation would have only stayed in succession, not necessarily the whole country immediately converting to slavery. If we are talking about the same movie, it was produced by the English, not saying that had any impact on the bias of the story, but I found it interesting to say the least.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched it, it was ridiculous... Ok, lets say the south wins, they were fighing a defensive war and not trying to take over the north, so the nation would have only stayed in succession, not necessarily the whole country immediately converting to slavery. If we are talking about the same movie, it was produced by the English, not saying that had any impact on the bias of the story, but I found it interesting to say the least.
You know it was a comedy documentary right?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Huh? No way. Next you will tell us Monty Python broke up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, I do, just wanted to jump up on my soapbox for awhile.

·
Registered
959 Posts
it was nothing more than propaganda designed to portray every negative stereotype of the Confederate cause, as well as the Southern people as a whole.

I found it to be grossly prejudiced and historically ignorant.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yeah. But funny right?
Nope even high it was horrid for five minutes, then I found the remote.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yeah. But funny right?
Nope even high it was horrid for five minutes, then I found the remote.
Ah well humor is subjective no biggie
Its in the class of someone doing a comedy of 9/11. Or even blaming the US government for it, oh wait...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.