Anyone Tried these yet?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by AgBullet, Jun 8, 2008.

1. AgBullet

AgBullet Member

I know there are some CAA fans on here and I am always looking for new options for accessories. Has anybody seen or have experience with these rings? Just want to know if they hold tight, and are of good quality. Always looking for something different and fun

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=174&cID=22

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Not with that particular product, but I have used CAA stuff on my AR. I have the cheek/battery compartment on it, as well as a other light mount for my Surefire light.

3. bikeman

bikeman Guest

Looks like you could take the top half of that ring and tap screw holes into the top of the handguard so the ring is straddling the barrel, then you could mount a red dot on top of that. That would lower the red dot so you could co-witness the iron sights. Of course you would need two of the top halves of the ring (I assume they are sold in pairs) so the red dot would balance out. I was looking at something like this, except I was going to to mount the rings back-to-back, on top of each other. Seems like the rings you show would work much better.