anyone tried this ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by sdbrit68, Mar 27, 2015.

1. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I talked to a guy at the range who did this, he made his own kit.......this guy sells them. You still need a tool, but looks like much easier take down, especially at the range if needed than tapping it out

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FJBW62a7Bo[/ame]

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

3. I have tried to contact the maker of the video and also tried the info he put with the video.. but no response no where...

it would be cool.. but no where to be found/had.. too bad.

4. sdbrit68

I ordered mine, they apologized for the wait. I guess they have a few left over. I will post the email for you tonight

5. sdbrit68

here you go, they said they were out of production but have some left

They charged me $23 on paypal

[email protected]

6. keoniwoods1

keoniwoods1 Member

Tried the web address, it does not exist. Is there another way to contact Smiththingsolutions .

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Guys, this is dead simple. You can find your own taps and screws easily, but I do understand how "one stop shopping" is desirable. But this is really simple... You want a long set screw with an inset allen to do this. Around here, one might have to go to 2 supply houses to get the proper items. It's an all day project that way. :eek:

8. colthrash

colthrash Member

:
    can't I just order this from amazon?:wah:

9. sdbrit68

the hardware stores I went too, I couldnt find the set screw with the pin end on it

10. I e-mailed him last night and got a prompt, cordial response at around noon today.

YMMV

11. For what it's worth . . .

I have seen this video and several other threads on various forums on this subject, including this one.

There are always a few guys that post saying "just go to the hardware store",or variations on this theme.

Yes, cheap taps and allen wrenches are easy to find, that is true.

BUT . . .

I have tried to find a set screw like this one and put some effort into it and could not find it.
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong places, or my "Google-Foo" isn't powerful enough !

If you guys that insist that this item is so easily found, would,you guys be so kind as to please enlighten those of us that are not as talented at searching out hardware items, and tell us EXACTLY where this item can be so easily found.

I am sure there are others here that would really appreciate the help. I for one, know I would.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  12. bluharley

bluharley Member

I took a screen shot of it and sent an email to a screw manufacturer and asked what it is, I'll let you know what they say.

13. sdbrit68

let me know too, thats why I ordered this one so maybe I could use it to find others

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

I was able to find similar, but not exactly like it. I just want to know what they're called! :confused:

15. sdbrit68

dammit, I finally typed in screw pin

Attached Files:

16. sdbrit68

found them all over e-bay, when figure out what size they are, I will post it

17. bluharley

bluharley Member

Traxxas Screw Pins

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    Hmmm
    I would have used a full thread set screw, but that would at least only come out one way.

19. I just use a allen wrench to take out the pin. Seems IMO just as easy as turning a screw. Yea you need to tap it, but hey finding a improvised device to tap out the pin should not be that hard.

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    I actually said "supply house" meaning a hardware supplier. Big Diff!
    I was thinking about the standard long set screws, not screw pins. The screw pins would definitely be better!
    As for my comments above, I've always been a DO-er.
    But I agree, sometimes finding the parts and pieces is the hardest part.