Anyone try AlienGear 3.0 yet?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Dave4903, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

I noticed that the new Aliengear cloak tuck 3.0 IWB holster is available and will fit the Hipoint pistols. The backing material appears to be more sturdy than the older cloak tuck models, which is an important issue with a heavy pistol like the HiPoints.
    Anyone try one yet?

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have 2 3.0's, Shield and Glock sized. The jury is still out on the plastic belt clips. Metal may have been a better choice. I have an older AG IWB for my JHP45. Real PITA to carry that monster IWB

3. Detectorist

Detectorist Member

The plastic clips seem to hold up fine. The metal ones are available too.

Alien holsters are not as comfortable as the Cleveland holster I purchased years ago for my C9.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

I should have said the plastic ones slip up and off my belt. I ordered extra plastic clips as I know eventually they will crack and break. If I order again, metal.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

the last holster i bought was for my lcr and it was from concealment solutions it was a bit more expensive than the ag holster i own but everything about it was of a higher quality even the plastic clips were far superior.

i had the first ag and then the cloaktuck 2.0 which in my opinion wasn't sturdy enough.

6. Spotcat

Spotcat Member

I bought a cloak tuck for my Kahr cw45. Not worth a crap for the Kahr, fits my c9 like a glove. Go figure

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

That's a rather broad statement. What doesn't fit? Too loose? Not molded to the gun?

8. Spotcat

Spotcat Member

Not molded correctly. I called & they sent me another shell &parts kit, about the same results

9. I actually had the same thing happen for my cm45. The trigger guard on the shell is cut pretty low just past the trigger which is not acceptable in my opinion so I called and they sent me a new shell and the shell is cut even lower than my first one so I can't even use it for my CM9 lol it's a good holster I really like it. As a fact I have it on right now, I'm really happy with the quality and everything I'm just gonna annotate very carefully when I order my next one for my 1911 that I want the whole trigger guard covered. I'm gonna order the 3.0 also.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have Shield9, G27, and the JHP45 (old cheap tan leather one) sorry they can't get their act together on your model SpotCat.