Anyone using an ati

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by p7196, May 11, 2008.

1. p7196

p7196 Guest

stock on their Mosin? I was considering one for mine. That way I could hunt with it and not worry about dinging up my Mosin stock.

2. I am. I haven't shot it in a long time, though. I like it for the most part. I have the scout setup on mine. Here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also applied locktite to the two screws. They felt kinda loose in the ATI stock.

3. What kind of eye relief do you have on that scope? I just recently bought a 6x24x50 scope from one of the members of the forum *I introduced him to the forum btw* because he had it mounted like yours and it just didn't work well. He just recently got an EER scope for the rifle, but I haven't heard how it's done since he's installed it.

4. p7196

p7196 Guest

I like the look you got there. I was considering the camo Monte carlo. I like the look.

5. Jettster

Jettster Member

I just got the MC stock and the ATI scope mount. I didn't know I had to cut off the charging handle in order to install the scope. I'm rethinking it now, but my original stock was cracked.

6. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

I've thought about it but the only thing I'm worried about is the scope eye relief stuff. I think I'm just going to leave my Mosin stock and get another rifle to use with a scope. The iron sights are pretty good on the Mosins anyway IMO.

7. Jettster

Jettster Member

I thought so, but my stock was a mess and I bought the ATI and the ATI scope mount. I'm going to give it a try.

8. p7196

p7196 Guest

Jetster I noticed they had a thing to change the handle to a diff angle. I didn't realize it required actual cutting my Mosin. My Mosin stock is in awesome great shape. I was considering a change to keep down the damage.

9. Eye relief is right about at 12 inches.

The scope is a NC-Star 2-7x32. I'm not really sure if it can hold zero on this rifle, though. I haven't shot it since last spring or so, but it didn't seem to want to stay zeroed. I'll have to take it out and try again. I laser bore-sighted it in my basement :lol: ....about 10-15 yds...haha. I'll have to re-sight for 25 and work from there at the range.