Anyone watch The Voice?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ajole, Dec 8, 2015.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I enjoy the show, I really like music, especially good vocals, there's some amazing singing, usually, and some neat twists on old songs, and I DVR it so I can fast forward through all the crap.:rolleyes:

This season has been neat, there's been some really good things, that little girl on Blake's team can sing bluegrass like a pro, the girl on Adam's team sings some neat songs with some cool twists, and the girl on Pharell's team does some neat things too. There's no one that shouldn't be there, like there has been on some past seasons.

But...how absolutely freaking incredible was Jordan Smith's version of Queen's "Somebody to Love"?

If you haven't heard it, you need to. Seriously, I agree with Adam Levine, it's one of the best things I've ever heard. I'm saying Freddie Mercury is rolling over in his grave, trying to applaud.

What do you guys think?:)

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I missed the show will need to pull it up and watch. Thanks

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Um no it gets in the way of my kimmy

4. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

LOL....thanks for bring this up Al

I have been addicted to the Voice this season.

I never watch these types of shows, except Top Shot....but like you, I love good singing and enjoy a variety of genres.

For some reason this season, I decided to watch. Not I hate waiting for every Monday to come LOL

Something about Jordan I don't like.....he seems like he has a false humility...I don't know. He seems so humble, but he seems so smug....but regardless, the man can sing.

Personally, I can't stand Madi. She definitely has talent, but I just don't like how she sings. She took "Girls just want to have fun" and ruined it, IMO. Seriously, it's like she needs prozac or something.

Amy is GORGEOUS and she can sing, but, again, not big on her style.

I do like Emily Ann, especially when her twang really stands out. Honestly, I was expecting more last night and that was the perfect song for it, but it didn't come through as much as I was hoping it would.

I am a BIG fan of Barret. Ever since he did Walking in Memphis...he's been my favorite. To me, he has the best chance of all contestants to actually have a legitimate career in the music business.

I like Zach, he can definitely entertain, but I don't see him fitting in in the music industry. He's too young to go country and I think it would be wrong for him to go "pop".

I feel pretty much the same about Braiden.

Shelby and Jeffrey don't do anything for me. Again, I respect their talent, but I wouldn't buy their CDs.

5. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

I don't know the guy, but he lives just a few miles from here. I haven't watched the show this season, so I can't make a call on his demeanor, but what you stated is a real thing around here. I know several people that behave in that manner, but I know from personal experience that they are narcisssistic b***ards.

Again, I'm not saying this about him personally.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I agree almost all the way, Tall!

Barrett, Emily and Amy can probably make a career, though Amy would have to go jazz or folk or something along those lines. I agree, Zach is a bit young still. But then, I thought that about the kid that won last time.:rolleyes:

I think Madi actually has something that will sell, these days. I often dislike when someone screws with an old standard, and a few of the ones she did, I didn't like, but I liked this one. Funny, the media I skimmed through all thinks she did Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry", which is a totally different song. Idiots.:rolleyes:

The rest of them have a decent voice, but I doubt they can fill an album, much less a concert.:p Jeffery might get a lot of votes from the left wing crowd, he can sing with a lot of pop guys out there, and he's got some PC sympathy going, if you know what I mean. Braiden might develop something eventually, YouTube is full of kids like him, and you never know.;)

7. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Yep, been watching for years. Can't pry the wife's eyes from it. Ditto on the hot little babe that did Dolly the other night. She's the whole package. However, all the other's talent combined wouldn't match the talent of Jordan Smith. That dude can blow. At first I thought he was gonna sing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. That would have been kool. Contrary to the other post, I think Jordan is quite humble and seems quite out of place in the spotlight. He's huge, poorly postured, obviously babied by his mom and never allowed to grow out of his cocoon. Probably bullied in school (much as I hate that libtard whiney BS). Even after saying all that, this dude should win and move on to bigger and better things. With the right guidance he has the potential to be a musical legend. I'd love to live long enough to see it happen. ;)

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Never watched it but got accused of being on it . Guess they had a big bald bearded white guy on the show.

9. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I remember that dude. Your accuser has a point :rofl:

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Well, it's about like we called it...top three for sure. Zachary and Jeffery have their audience like I thought. I'd rather listen to Amy than Madi, but I can see how the voting would go the way it did.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's cute when your cycles sync.

12. Didn't care for it. A lot of what he's done has impressed me but I didn't care for his take on "Somebody to Love". Just sounded off to me compared to the original.

13. tallbump

I think Jordan might be the most talented of them all, but i still think Barret has the best chance of making it in the music business for the long haul.

I was actually kind of surprised Emily Ann made it into the final 4. I think she could be the next Carrie Underwood but I don't know if the industry is ready for of looking for that. maybe?

That's basically how I feel about Madi, Jeffrey and Jordan. All talented, but I don't know if mainstream music is ready for them.

Maybe? I mean look at Michael Buble, John Mayer, or maybe even Adele or even going back to say Jewel or Alanis Morrisette?

14. tallbump

So...who's going to be the big winner?

I wasn't blown away by any particular performance last night.

I still think that Barret has the best chance of a legitimate music career, followed closely by Emily Ann. I think Barret is more unique than Emily Ann. While EmilyAnn's vocal style is a bit different than anyone else, she's still the next Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift, like one of the judge's said last night.

Barret may be Garth Brooks to an extent, but he's Barret....not sure if if makes sense, but it does to me LOL

Jeffrey is a very talented vocalist, but I just don't see him being a break out star.

Jordan....dude has pipe and honestly I think he's the best vocalist and deserves to win, based on his voice alone. But again, I just don't see him thriving in the industry for a long career.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I agree again.

The real question is...can the country crowd beat the other crowds, as they have in the past, or are they going to split their vote, and let Jordan win?

Jordan has the voice, but oddly...I didn't like his version of Mary Did You Know. I just got the Peter Hollens version, and I love the Pentatonix version of the song, and Jordan didn't match up well with either.

16. tallbump

I agree about his version of Mary Did You Know.

Personally, I prefer the Kenny Rodgers version. I do love the Pentatonix version though. But yea, I don't think it was his best performance by far.

I do think that it is possible that he may win becuase of votes being split too much among the others though.

17. I don't know, isn't Adam his coach? I think his comments that he didn't know the song could hurt Jordan. Just like the country crowd voting because they like Blake, I think Adam's comment could offend some people. Hope not but people get bent over the silliest things.

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Right? If you are in music, how can you NOT know of that song?:confused:

I guess it's a California thing?

19. tallbump

I think Adam is Jewish. I'm sure he knows most Christmas songs, but it is possible he was never exposed to that one

20. tallbump

So what do you think?

I'm not surprised that Jordan won. I really think he had the best voice. But I still don't see him having a legendary career in music. Maybe I'm wrong. He really can sing.

I am surprised that Emily Ann bat out Barret. I wouldn't be very surprised if either or both of them end up making it, at least to a degree, in the industry.