Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m on my iPad and after not using the app for a week or so, it promoted me to allow it to track my location and what I do in other apps. Hell to the no.

So I get in after it errored out trying to the first time and everything looks different. I already miss the left-nav, right-view. Maybe there’s a setting to get that back.

Worse, I look at settings and see all of the Notification options are enabled. Worse that even that, it won’t let me disable any of them.

Maybe it’s time to delete the app.

Anyone else get the new app recently?

Add to all that, I just tried to create the post and it has a very limited prefix, so pending it is.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
The tapatalk app that hasn't actually been supported by HPFF software for 2 software updates that I've been telling y'all not to use for years now? THAT app?

Yeah, that app sucks. Use your browser.

Reactions: moona11

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,937 Posts
I think I noticed more notifications too, but I rarely use email so no big deal.

Does the browser have a mobi setting? That would likely be the best way to go. I don't have much trouble with tapatalk. Except most apps have their own auto correct settings.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Most sites have a mobile vs normal view now. I use Chrome on my phone.

If he's getting advertisements, then there's a serious issue because he's a premium member and shouldn't be getting them at all.

But like I keep saying. Tapatalk isn't supported by the forum software. Use it or don't, but any issues you have with your experience while using it can't and won't be looked at by the EO's because..... they don't recommend you use it because it isn't supported by the developers...

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,391 Posts
Most sites have a mobile vs normal view now. I use Chrome on my phone.

If he's getting advertisements, then there's a serious issue because he's a premium member and shouldn't be getting them at all.

But like I keep saying. Tapatalk isn't supported by the forum software. Use it or don't, but any issues you have with your experience while using it can't and won't be looked at by the EO's because..... they don't recommend you use it because it isn't supported by the developers...
I stopped using the app a long time ago. The browser is easier anyway. And its one less app to deal with.

·
Premium Member
22,312 Posts
With Firefox I can't click on anything in the bar below when posting.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually never had problems with the app. I liked the left-nav and right view pane design.

I never saw an add, but now ever other post/comment has an ad below it. I just used the website and also have ads.

I like “night modes”, not sure if the browser version has that.

Totally weird that for years all worked well then bam, app updates and it’s radically changed.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Font Shotgun Air gun Screenshot Multimedia
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

The app hasn't properly interface with the software in 5 years or so since Outdoor Hub bought Group Builder and the original HPFF app developer got bought out by Tapatalk and we had all those issues getting it listed on the Apple Store and Google was throwing a fit over content. Most of the tools we needed to use and menus we needed access to just stopped working so the Evil Overlords pulled the plug on tapatalk compatibility.

Last I saw on the developers website they were discussing their own app for the THOUSANDS of forums they own and run their proprietary software on.

Basically any forum you find that is running Fora software is owned by, or running in servers owned by, Vertical Scope.

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,391 Posts
With Firefox I can't click on anything in the bar below when posting.
My Samsung browser had issues also. I switched to Chrome basically for this site only

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,937 Posts
We are not able to support the app, this is a tapatalk product. You can use the site on your browser, it will format to fit any size or type of screen.
-Philip
Any plans to replace tap-a-talk?

I think youse guys (and gurls) should continue to upgrade the forums, not just milk it for revenue.

Just asking because I rarely have time or opportunities to use the laptop.

TIA

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,391 Posts

I think youse guys (and gurls) should continue to upgrade the forums, not just milk it for revenue.

TIA
Just use your internet browser on your tablet or phone like the rest of us do. Why is that so hard for you.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts

TIA

You're asking a multi-national, multi-media empire who's goal it is to be the largest owner of product specific forums that also employs proprietary software on the aforementioned THOUSANDS of forums it owns to stop developing their own in house app and start to play nice with some shitty app because you can't be bothered to download chrome or use your mobile browser?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,937 Posts
You're asking a multi-national, multi-media empire who's goal it is to be the largest owner of product specific forums that also employs proprietary software on the aforementioned THOUSANDS of forums it owns to stop developing their own in house app and start to play nice with some shitty app because you can't be bothered to download chrome or use your mobile browser?
I said: ANY PLANS TO REPLACE TAPPYTALK.

I guess you answered that, perhaps @HFAdmin would still like to chime in and give an update?

Literacy Rocks.

Now I have a question for you,

Is the tappytalk "web version" opened in my browser or is it still thru the old application?

·
Premium Member
22,312 Posts
We are working on our own App but that is some time out.

Jeff
Is there a fix in the works so Firefox users (PC) can cut and paste images?

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Is there a fix in the works so Firefox users (PC) can cut and paste images?
Still having issues with being able to right-click copy the image, but the option to right-click paste it isn't there? Use right- click to copy then Control-V to paste.

If that doesn't work, I can also walk you through checking your browser's security options to see if all of your HTML editing components are accessible.

Firefox/Mozilla broke their own C/P function back around version 12 or 13, and as far as I know they never did get it fixed properly.

·
Administrator
1,080 Posts
Still having issues with being able to right-click copy the image, but the option to right-click paste it isn't there? Use right- click to copy then Control-V to paste.

If that doesn't work, I can also walk you through checking your browser's security options to see if all of your HTML editing components are accessible.

Firefox/Mozilla broke their own C/P function back around version 12 or 13, and as far as I know they never did get it fixed properly.
Looks like that is related to Cloudflare's new settings. Nothing we can change on our end.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Looks like that is related to Cloudflare's new settings. Nothing we can change on our end.

Jeff
Well if I know TNT, he's probably got Firefox tweaked for privacy and security, then you can throw in the fact that ALL the gecko-based browsers crank their HTML securities to 11.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts