AR 12 Gauge Shotty?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MachoMelvin, Aug 30, 2015.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Has anybody read or heard anything about this new AR-12 by Akdal. All I can find is they are new & from Turkey. There have been a lot of new Turkish guns coming out lately. Those MKA 1919's had some problems on the 1st Gens?
    It is coming up on Christmas & my 3 sons are starting to drop hints on their presents. Their Hi Point Carbines were a hit last year, I thought I might continue with the tradition? I'm also looking for a very low priced entry level milspec AR-15. I have one son that has 3 shotty's already.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504525886

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

I don't think that's a Akdal. Definitely a Adkal/MKA 1919 knockoff though. The MKA's were actually issued to the Turkish army and are quite reliable... with a little work. Some parts may be interchangeable with the Akdal, but not so much with the MKA 1919.

My vote would be to buy them. Overall service and support out of Turkey has been good lately

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not to mention, after the next election, it will double in value, like my S12 did.;)

Same could be true of AR's, again. Saw a Stag Model 8 piston gun for $500 on a local board. Might be time to stock up, like we all wish we had done with AK's and SKS's

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    SEVERAL AR "kits" @ Palmetto State Armory, $379 and UP, many say "free shipping"
    I think all that is needed is a stripped lower.
    The good part is that they will need to assemble the lower, but the upper
    is ready to slap on. The barrel is installed, which is pretty much the hardest part

DUH, for got link!
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits.html

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    Do you foresee a victory by a gun grabber? :mad:

6. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Sorry buddy, but the Akdal/MKAs have unique receivers to fit the 12ga round and the uppers are build around the Remington 1100 bolt. Some parts off of an AR 15 fit, like the trigger group (I think) and the safety, and you can add an adapter to fit AR 15 buttstocks, but that about it.

The Turks commissioned this shotgun to handle and operate like an AR 15 so the troops could swap to the shotgun with very little cross training, pretty smart.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I sure don't see a victory for anyone on the right. They're too busy slinging mud and cutting each other off at the knees.:mad:

8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

It looks very cool, but it is a finicky thing. I would buy one for the right price. Just gotta know that it might be a PIA. My AR15 was a finicky thing as well. I'm not sure my shoulder could take the break in period on that AR12. Lol

10. lsi1

lsi1 Member

psa is selling the century arms catamount fury ii with 2 5 round mags for 399. I think looking at the century website that they are from china but are or can be made to be 922r compliant.
    They use the ak action and propratary mags however the siaga drums can be modified to fit. they also have an easily adjusted gas system for tuning it to your load of choice.

11. lsi1

lsi1 Member

there is at least one american company who makes a 12ga upper that goes onto a ar10 receiver however the one i am thing of uses its own modified 12ga round.

Melvin ati imports a turkish semi automatic defensive shotty the tacsx2 which i looked at before the 590 i just bought. as a matter of fact southern oh guns has them for $239.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep, I see jEbsTurd winning in 2016. Wasn't bArry, and kEtchup man signing the UN small arms treaty in Mexico last week by passing congress again?

13. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Well, they're finicky because they are designed for full load buckshot for the military. It might be fun to take one to the skeet range just to see the expressions of the old timers there with their $1200 skeet guns.:)

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I hate shooting skeet. Last time I did it I hit the sheet house more than the skeet. :'(

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Evidently you aren't familiar with "skeeting" in the Southern vernacular :D It's always fun! ;)

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Guess not you still breaking sh!t ;-)

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

They say cops have sh!tty aim. That's why they give you hi-cap mags, so at least you have a slight chance to hit something. :p

18. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I read that, I think I'm going to pass on those?
    I'll figure something out.

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    He has one sonny with enuff shooty's already, he was thinking of an econo
    AR-15 for Christmas! That's why I posted that linky-dink ;) ATOMIC-EDWOOD! :p
    Yeah, I had no illusions that a 3" 12 ga shell could go thru an AR Mag Well! :eek:

20. lsi1

lsi1 Member

moona next time shooting BEFORE drinks.