Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about trying a AR-15 flip-up rear sight on the new 995 TS carbine. It would be a nice addition if it would work.

GC

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have thought about this too. I picked up my new 995 TS last Wednesday (still haven't got to fire it yet). I will let you know if I ever try some flip-up sights on it though!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I've thought about it too. I'm watching for a TS so if you do this please post pictures; it sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am certain it will work. The AR15 rear sights are a little taller but the front sight on the HP carbine adj up and down. The AR15 sight being more compact would open up rail mounting space for more RD sight options and because it's taller it would be easier to find a Rd sights that would Co-Witness with it.

MagPul has a new polymer AR fold down rear sight out. They run about $60

UTG makes good lower cost metal sight & one that folds. They run about $30.

GC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did it, but i used an additional flip down front dight because the front sight post is just too short to work with any ar style rear sight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did it, but i used an additional flip down front dight because the front sight post is just too short to work with any ar style rear sight.
Can you post photos? I'd love to see how you did it!

LL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts