AR-15 recommendation thread (thanks Dosanti)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Was reading

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462

Before I added it to my master links section so I could write a review... and I must say I never before considered buying a CMMG, but now I'm seriously considering it (not that I'll have the cash for one anytime soon, but up until now I was pretty sure I'd go with a bushie).

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

too much tacticool stuff for my tastes. Ill keep my bone stock AR-180B thank you.

SW

3. I picked up a DPMS lower on a bushy matchgrade upper. It's great and amazingly accurate for the short barrel.

4. Silicon Wolverine

my old bushy 11.5/5.6 combo was good out to 200 yards on a 12" target. bushy makes VERY good barrels.

SW

5. +1 to that. I have my eotech in at 50yards, chews out the center of a 1" ring all day long. Then I have an adjustable BUIS that pops up and will keep them inside a 12" off iron further then my eyes can handle. Adjusts all the way to 600 yards, have only had it to 200 and hit a 12" every shot. AND it's not even broken in yet.

6. Silicon Wolverine

It'll only get better. after i put 750 rounds through mine i shot it off a lead sled and got one ragged hole at 75 yards.

SW