AR-15 Stock, GL-Mag by Fab Defense. New Jerksey rules again?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 345Sire, Apr 15, 2018.

1. 345Sire

345Sire Member

I know this may not be the best place to ask, but plenty here are pretty smart, and it's where I spend the most time so,,,,,yup, asked in NJGF too, of course.

Is the AR-15 stock built by Fab Defense, the one that holds a magazine underneath/inside it, NJ legal?

When I looked in the legislation on this stuff, I saw where it said a "handgun" cannot have a magazine mounted outside the grip, but I failed to find the same phrasing regarding rifles.

Since we have to have a fixed stock, I thought at least this was a desirable option and worth looking into.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/cate...urvival-buttstock-w-built-in-mag-carrier.html

2. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

I would think they mean this type of pistol by mentioning outside the grip. A mag stored in the stock isn't exactly mounted.

Disclaimer: I am not a legal representative in anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 345Sire

345Sire Member

Good point, I would sort of hope you are right. The pic you show seems more to me like what would be a 223/556 pistol, you know?
    I have seen a lot of AR15 pistols. It would be in effect banning all of those.

4. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

I think it was of a tec-9 pistol. Yep, bans AR types as mags not in grip and ruger 22 chargers.

[​IMG]

345Sire likes this.
  5. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

There's a couple of outfits here in mAss that manufacture ARs with fixed mags. You load them with stripper clips. The mAss AG office called 'em in, looked at what these guys were doing, and let them carry on.

6. 345Sire

345Sire Member

Ughh, that's even worse than New Jerksey!
    If this one is okay here, it gives me the choice to have one 15 round mag in the firing position, and another ready to load right under my chin. That's at least close to having a 30 rounder ready to go.
    Just haven't been able to lock in on it's legality here yet.