Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

As of lately i been running a lot of AKs for personal and training purposes, however i recently put together a 300blk AR for the wife with everything she chose just the way she wanted for Christmas and i toke the opportunity to build one for myself and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Wheel

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
I'd say the tire is about 25-30# low. Rifle (oops! - pistol with wrist brace!) looks cool, though. Handle well in close quarters?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say the tire is about 25-30# low. Rifle (oops! - pistol with wrist brace!) looks cool, though. Handle well in close quarters?
i haven’t shot it yet, just bore sighted it but i can tell you it does feels very well balanced and it does feel better than the 14.5

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
I agree, the 10.5” AR is a fast pointing well balanced machine, while the 14.5” may as well be 16” or more.

My 2022 build will be polymer. Screw the AFT...and yes, I know how to spell. 🤓

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
AR build for 2022... every time I read this I think AR with a 20" barrel, chambered in .22LR.

Which would be nuts. Therefore, I must be nuts. But y'all knew that.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I agree, the 10.5” AR is a fast pointing well balanced machine, while the 14.5” may as well be 16” or more.

Even faster for sweeping, CQB and follow up shots is an 8.5". Mine is CQB SBR setup for fast movement and aiming. 300BLK 8.5", green dot, BAD, 45 degree hard sights and a side charger. Moona got to see it and handle it when he visited.
Table Wood Trigger Air gun Gas

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Trigger

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Even faster for sweeping, CQB and follow up shots is an 8.5". Mine is CQB SBR setup for fast movement and aiming. 300BLK 8.5", green dot, BAD, 45 degree hard sights and a side charger. Moona got to see it and handle it when he visited.
View attachment 74618
View attachment 74619
I do like that one. Even if I prefer the 11.5 barrel. Your set up rocks.

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
AR build for 2022... every time I read this I think AR with a 20" barrel, chambered in .22LR.

A 2022 is obviously a .22 with a 20 round mag. At least, that’s what Ruger would say.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ajole, a mid length 14.5 is a sweet sweet shooter, in fact it’s my most softer shooter even compared to the mid length 16.5 i dont know why, but i love it. This is a 11.5 because I’m honoring the XM177 and the funny thing is that even when spelled wrong i only noticed it when you mentioned the spelling part. Hahaha

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Will that even move when fired? Hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this is going to be it’s final form, fde grip to troll/trigger OCD
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Biome Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
Ajole, a mid length 14.5 is a sweet sweet shooter, in fact it’s my most softer shooter even compared to the mid length 16.5 i dont know why, but i love it. This is a 11.5 because I’m honoring the XM177 and the funny thing is that even when spelled wrong i only noticed it when you mentioned the spelling part. Hahaha
That’s why my favorite is still the 20” rifle. Just so smooth.👍
I just got a 16” mid length “Dissipator” upper, it’s not bad either. I have another mid length as well.
I did a 14.5” as a pistol to avoid legal requirements, but I forget what the gas is on that one.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good!
Which Streamlight is that?
Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X
Light Camera accessory Cylinder Office supplies Font

The difference between the Rail and non Rail is that the rail comes integrated into the light so you can just put it on any weapon with a picatiny slot without worrying about light mounts.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
They also have a 600lm and a 350lm version that it’s shorter and lighter but this was a father’s day gift. I also have a TLR-1 HD on my duty gun and it has taken a beating as a duty gun light and training so i have confidence in streamlights.

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
Yes to Streamlight.
I have two of the ProTac 2L-X 500 lumen units, with the USB charging batteries, plus one spare battery. One is on the truck gun, and one is in my door pocket. I cludged a mount for the gun, and it’s solid, but I have to thumb it on.

For $100-$120 or so, that basic rail mount unit they offer with both switches is a real deal. It’s 625 lumens, IIRC, so not a 1000....but my 500 is crazy bright already.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Yes to Streamlight.
I have two of the ProTac 2L-X 500 lumen units, with the USB charging batteries, plus one spare battery. One is on the truck gun, and one is in my door pocket. I cludged a mount for the gun, and it’s solid, but I have to thumb it on.

For $100-$120 or so, that basic rail mount unit they offer with both switches is a real deal. It’s 625 lumens, IIRC, so not a 1000....but my 500 is crazy bright already.
Seems 300lm is quite enough for CQB unless you want to blind them, which is a great idea too...

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems 300lm is quite enough for CQB unless you want to blind them, which is a great idea too...
Yeah, the good thing about those streamlights is that they are programmable, to go full or medium power

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 20 of 21 Posts