AR mags $6 each from GAG

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bscar, May 22, 2015.

1. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    POINTS for not listing ProMags :p

I tried a promag in an AK... no bueno! :(

3. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I'd order some, but the libtards and RINO's in Colorado only allow 15 rnd mags. That sucks! and so do those unamerican pigs. :mad:

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Promag is ANYTHING suck.
    If you must go poly in an AK, go Tapco. Only issue I've ever had was broke a retaining tab off one in subzero temps. Otherwise they have been flawless.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

No reviews on those mags. I saw the email. Let us know how they work. I have Magpul PM2's and they work fine.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

I love my ProMag HP mags!! Love love love! :)

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

If they don't work in my Tavor, then I'll just remove the internals for brass catching for my eventual AR-57 upper

8. Kiln

Kiln Member

I agree. Promags are the only thing that has ever caused an actual jam in my CZ75 and AK.

Tapco is around the same price and leagues above the Promag in my opinion.

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

they suck in AR-15's too!

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Unknown manufacturer... PASS I will will stick with $10 Pmags from my LGS

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I took moony's advice, so for now I will be getting metal mags for my AR. I don't think it will ever get to 40 below here, but you never know.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    I have loaded Tapco AK mags 5 times now, the rounds already in, 2nd one prior, regardless of side, tend to slip forward and jam the tip of the round on the front edge of the mag. I also has 2 new MagPul AK 30 round mags, loaded like a dream! Next up is shooting, but I expect it to shine, the MagPul...
    Not sure why the 2nd round down is getting loose, but it seemed to load OK on the milled Century Draco. 2 FTFs but it was the first firing, also. Both were early and it loosened up pretty nice it seemed.

PS: My M&P9 ProMags are great, and also the Beretta 96 ProMags for my KelTec Sub2000 (40 S&W) Go Figure! :confused:

13. Kiln

Kiln Member

Noteworthy issues with Promags:

1. Weak/cheap springs. This will be noticeable because it'll be too easy to load the mags to full capacity. Strong springs may be a PITA when loading mags but when you're unloading them by firing, it's important. I've also read reviews where people claimed the springs broke, which will be a big problem if you're using one in a defensive gun. I have never had this problem but I gave up on the Promags I bought pretty quick and replaced them.

2. Followers. For some reason it seems like many Promag followers tilt too easily. I've had several occurances of the follower tilting forward and causing rounds to dive into the front of the mag.

3. Rough magazine walls. These smooth out over time but it can be disconcerting to hear/feel the follower drag when loading or unloading mags because the insides are rough. It's an easy fix (push the follower down a few dozen times with something to smooth it out) but personally, I hate buying mags I have to tinker with when there are so many other options out there.

Don't get me wrong, I know some people have decent luck with Promags but there's a reason no (Pro's) run Promags. The frequency of issues seems higher and the online reviews tend to reflect this.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

Not a problem finding stronger springs if needed.

I you stick a HiPoint follower in a 15rd ProMag it reliably goes to 16. Do ask me how I know! ;)

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Plano that's cause I'm awesome

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    I am seeking Metal Mags, haven't seen any in the emails...
    Like some for a good deal! :D

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    I bought those before I "knew better". But I would buy these particular ones AGAIN!
    Perfect Performance... :D

Hi Point 995? Not so much, but the latest generation has better results. afaik.

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Look at Mag Commander they have good deals.

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Mr. Guns in Plano is where I got the mags. I don't know if do Web sales. They are 3 minutes from my office.